Dollar Rent A Carobscene gas charge

Dollar does not tell you they charge 10 bucks per gallon to fill up tank upon pickup.
Whoever includes such an obscene profit margin (400%) should be obliged and brave enough to announce this upon pickup. Otherwise it becomes a nasty trap for well meaning clients. Who reads a rental car contract anyway? We kind of trusted Dollar not to use such devious tactics to turn a profit...

Ge
Oct 27, 2018

Comments

• Wn
      Jun 07, 2019

Misled by rental agent about fuel purchase option. When I picked up a rental in Denver in 5/2019, agent asked if I wanted the fuel purchase option at $2.79/gallon. That sounded pretty good at the time as I have always filled up before returning a car in the past bc of the excessive cost. What they didn't bother to explain, and I didn't know enough to ask was what happens if I return the tank at 3/4 instead of empty. I wrongly assumed they should refund at least 1/2 the charge since I used just over a 1/4 tank. There customer service is not buying that. Watch your 6 with Dollar, Hertz, Thrifty or you could be screwed also.