Dollar General / unorganized, unstocked store

Amory, MS, United States

I shop frequently at the Dollar General Store #04321 at 113 Hwy 6, Amory, MS. It is less than a mile from my house and I stop by at least 2-3 times per week to pick up various items. I am so frustrated and tired of the condition of this store. I'm not sure what the problem is with management there, but the store is a complete mess. Several months ago, it appeared that a team of DG employees were brought in from out of town to clean things up, and it got better for a while, but is worse now than ever. I have gone by twice this weekend simply for cat food. Friday evening, there was no cat food that I purchase on the shelves. The only small bags were Rachel Ray cat food which I don't buy because it is $6.75/bag. I purchased it only because I had a coupon, and I needed it. I went back on Sat. evening in hopes of using my $5 off $25 discount and to look for more cat food and also laundry detergent, drinks and snacks. Again, nothing I was looking for was in stock. The aisles were all completely blocked with huge metal carts full of items to be put out (most of which were there Fri. night too), but no one was working on them. The floors were filthy. There is a very nice young man who works there named Hunter (I'm sorry I don't know his last name), who always appears to be doing the best he can do, but beyond him, I'm not sure of anyone else who is friendly and working hard. Please send someone to help get this store back in shape. It is so convenient to my house and I love shopping there when I can find what I need, and I don't want to start driving to the other side of town to Wal-Mart just to buy cat food. Thank you.

Ma