Dollar General / bad service

Windsor StreetSun Prairie, WI, United States Review updated:

This afternoon, I stopped into dollar general in sun prairie, wisconsin to pick up a few items. Myself and several other friends walked in, and could not have been in the store for more than 2 minutes, when an employee, kelly, stepped out, and very rudely said, "only two in the store!" I looked at her, not sure what she meant, and she again, repeated herself, very rudely, "only two in the store! You all need to leave!"

Sensing that she was certainly beyond listening to a reasonable explanation based upon the attitude she exhibited, we promptly left the store, and went across to walgreens to spend our money.

Later that night, I called dollar general to speak to manager regarding this employee, and was connected to, no other than kelly, the same employee that removed us from the store. I explained the situation to her and she said that she would "talk to her" and hung up.

As a person who has worked in retail, I know that this is absolutely no way to treat your customers. Had she addressed the issue with more respect and tact, I would have understood and left the store. However, she immediately addressed me in a very rude and disrespectful tone, and took no time to listen to what I had to say.

It was only when I called back, and she outright lied to me about 'speaking with that employee' (Mind you, she was 'that' employee) that I actually got something that would even remotely resemble manners from this employee.

Dollar general lost four customers tonight, and it's not likely they will be getting them back anytime soon.
Va

Comments

Su
  16th of May, 2009
I too have some times been treated in a strange fashion. Also saw others simularly treated.

The day I came:
They did get rid of many people that came into the store.
I had got there just prior to many coming in. Their (the staff)behavior is not of a good customer relations, even with only a few are IN the store.

I saw one of their people take a roll of toliet paper out of a big bag of
t. paper that was on the shelv for people to buy, and hurried back to a back room. I only assume the obivious that they ran out of t.p. for their own office bathroom.

Later, I heard two different staff people talk about that a bag of t.p. ----a roll was missing from the shelf, & from a bag. They, being employed there, should have known why that roll of t.p. was missing. They looked at me and asked if I knew. I told them what I say and they eyes grew not too friendly.

The staff lady who took the toilet paper, later looked like the same one who left. The buzzer went off while she hurried to the door. On way out she "look" nervious and some what up set. She never stopped even after the buzzer went off AND, no other staff person came up to see what was happening.

On a different note:

To find a staff person for product help is a desire to wish for--their not well???? the best? No.

Dollar General Logo Dollar General