Dollar General / bad service
This afternoon, I stopped into dollar general in sun prairie, wisconsin to pick up a few items. Myself and several other friends walked in, and could not have been in the store for more than 2 minutes, when an employee, kelly, stepped out, and very rudely said, "only two in the store!" I looked at her, not sure what she meant, and she again, repeated herself, very rudely, "only two in the store! You all need to leave!"
Sensing that she was certainly beyond listening to a reasonable explanation based upon the attitude she exhibited, we promptly left the store, and went across to walgreens to spend our money.
Later that night, I called dollar general to speak to manager regarding this employee, and was connected to, no other than kelly, the same employee that removed us from the store. I explained the situation to her and she said that she would "talk to her" and hung up.
As a person who has worked in retail, I know that this is absolutely no way to treat your customers. Had she addressed the issue with more respect and tact, I would have understood and left the store. However, she immediately addressed me in a very rude and disrespectful tone, and took no time to listen to what I had to say.
It was only when I called back, and she outright lied to me about 'speaking with that employee' (Mind you, she was 'that' employee) that I actually got something that would even remotely resemble manners from this employee.
Dollar general lost four customers tonight, and it's not likely they will be getting them back anytime soon.
More Dollar General Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code 
- Dollar General - store hours 
- Dollar General - tired manager 
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price 
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it! 
- Dollar General - not enough people working 
- Dollar General - ban from store 
- Dollar General - blue dot clothing for the family and accessories buy one get one free 
- Dollar General - assistant manager 
- Dollar General 04501 - management