Dollar General Store #15185 / dirty store/employees parking in what should be customer parking

1 Mason, MI, United States Review updated:

This store located in Mason, Mi. located on Cedar St. is quite junky looking and I believe they never sweep the floors. There are dirt and papers all over on the floor and most likely never gets mopped. It always has a mess in the isles with garments and products laying in the isles. Empty boxes laying all over. Now I can walk into Family Dollar and right away see a big difference. The floors are clean and it is more inviting looking when you walk in. Also at the Mason, Mi Cedar street store, there are two employee's who are young and could be parking so that customers like me who are old could park a little closer to the store. No! They have to park in the two parking places next to handicap. She drives a beat up rusty old wrecked truck held together with bungycords and is more than able to walk than I. He drives a green blazer. He is also fit. Their cars set there all day taking up what should be customer parking. I do not feel this is right. They should be out where I have to park as a result of their parking in what should be customer parking. I do not feel like giving my business to them even though it is closer to me than Family Dollar. I do hope something is done about this as I have heard lots of complaints about these same issues. Thank you!

• Updated by Sweet cheeks, Nov 12, 2018

What good does it do to complain here if nothing is done about the problem? Which is what I am seeing! The people running them have to report to someone so why aren't the issues addressed? Magic bean comes on and tells the customer they are the lazy one? Give me a break! If the handicap parking is taken and the next old person pulls up and has to walk with a cane, but has to park out because employees chose to park in closest spots, who is lazy and why is nothing done about that? And the store is still dirty? Lazy employees!!!

Sw
Nov 11, 2018

Comments

11th of Nov, 2018

So they can’t park close to the building because you’re lazy? Ok then.

Best Best Advice +5 Votes

A little walking is good for the health.

• Sw
      12th of Nov, 2018

@Chris1977 Walking isn’t the point! Lazy employees is the point!

• Fe
      12th of Nov, 2018

I do know that employees park close to the store in the mornings to open it. It's a safety precaution but once the store is opened and ready for business the employees are suppose to move their cars to the furthest spots from the store. They are also suppose to move close to the store after dark at night again for safety because they are alone in the store once it is closed.

• Sw
      12th of Nov, 2018

@Fed up with entitled people I can understand that but they do not move their cars. This lot is well lite and is small to start with. My point is if handicap is full and if a person is old but does not have handicap, a closer spot should be available.

• Om
      12th of Nov, 2018

Maybe if you want to complain to a store SEND IT THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE! Sending it to a random public forum isn't the way now is it? One would think the smart thing to do would be contact the store directly.

• Fe
      12th of Nov, 2018

I understand I agree with you, they are just being lazy and not moving their cars when the are suppose to. I would do the survey on your receipt it is store specific and in the comments explain. That will get right to their dm. The dm should take care of it for you.

• Dg
      12th of Nov, 2018

Hi sweet cheeks, thank you for taking the time to submit your complaint. Customers should have the parking spots closest to the store. We will address this with the manager.