Dollar General / pepsi products on sale

Pooler, GA, United States Review updated:

Sat. Jan.28, 2017 @11:13:21 I went to Dollar General #03596 Hwy.80 Pooler, GA.
I went to this store because the Pepsi products were on sale 3 6pks. Or 12pks of the products. No where on the add did it say that you could not mix the cans / bottles. I purchased 4 6pks. of diet mountain dew, 1 12pk of Pepsi wild cherry and 1 12pk of mountain dew code red believing that because I had bought 2 combinations of Pepsi products that I was eligible for the discount. The only reason that I did not buy all diet mountain dew bottles was because they were not available. The receipt number is as follows; 899405564214839610721963419919924317231162. I went back to this same store on Tuesday 1/31/2017 @ 10:51:15. When I inquired about the error I was informed that it didn't qualify because of the way the registers are programmed. I was treated as if I was insignificant and not able to read. If the registers can't be programmed to match the advertisement then the add needs to be changed. When I mentioned that I had spent my working life in customer service and we were always trained to work with the customer and try to come to an agreeable solution. Not only was that not done, I was even yelled at by a customer. I could deal with the loss of the money after all it was .16 for the difference in one item, .67 on another and the last was $1.32 as well as the difference in tax. I object to the way I was treated, I don't believe that is what customer service is all about. I was informed that I should consider the possibility of taking action against the company legally. But I felt that informing the company and waiting to find out how you respond to my complaint. I will appreciate a response as well as an adequate outcome.

Lo
Jan 31, 2017

Comments

5th of Feb, 2017

can you show a pic of your receipt?

• Ca
      24th of Mar, 2017

You can mix and match pepsi and mt. dew. The problem was the fact that you got Mt. Dew Code Red. Check there to see if it is a different price than the normal and diet dew packs--should be around $4 while the others are about $4.70 give or take. If so, then that's why. Code Red doesn't apply to those sales, neither does voltage. Though I believe that has more to do with the contract pepsi has with DG than anything else. Sadly not much employees can do other than price overriding that side of the sale.