Dollar General / megan/nort troy vt dollar general

1 North Troy, Vermont, United States Review updated:

Well first of all this website is crap I had over a 1000 words written and now have to do it all over again!! I made a purchase of Claritin for my child who is 4...I gave him 2 2 days in a row to try and help him and it didnt!! I returned it!! Told them it didnt work and I got something better I taped the box which u could clearly see!! Apparently they got In trouble cause I went back the next day to have Megan treat me like a criminal and embarrass me for there mistake. She told me I said I didnt open the box which is a lie...u could check the audio on the Cameras I never said that...and proceeded to be completely rude...I told her what I said...it didnt work and we got something better...instead of trying to resolve the issue with me...and listening to me she was rude and told me I could never return to the store or pay for it again...she completely disregarded anything I said treated me like a criminal and embarrassed me for there mistake!! She has awful custo.er service skills and I know all about it!! I am a server and use my customer service skills daily!!! This isnt tho first ime I have been disrespected and treated poorly there but this by far was the absolute worse!! U make a mistake u own up to it...you do not blame the customer and put lies in there mouth...I would rather drive 20 min to Wal-Mart than to go back there!! Megan should be given a first class seminar on how to treat customers with respect because this is not only the first time she has been rude and disrespectful! There has been a few other occasions I have felt poorly treated. I deserve my money back for something that didnt work...and u need to teach your employees to own up to there mistakes and not blame customers.

Me
May 24, 2018

Comments

• Su
      24th of May, 2018

If you speak like you type then she was justified treating you as she did. Generally you can’t return medical supplies or OTC medicine once opened. They can’t resell it once opened. You return it to the manufacturer’s company, not the store.

25th of May, 2018

@SubSquirrel Not everyone is aware of that! And apparently the clerk wasn't either or she wasn't listening to me...I told them and they made the mistake...and then proceeded to turn it around on me...overall not good customer service. Not everything that gets returned gets resold.

• 9w
      24th of May, 2018

first off 2 a day is not recommended dose I would bet ( adult dose for Claritin is 1 a day)
    second you don't get refunds on various types of items once opened
    there not your try and test store for you to play doctor to your child

25th of May, 2018

@9wood First of all 1 in the morning and 1 at night when ur child is stuffy and cant breathe and miserable I trust my judgement when it comes to my child...also not everyone is aware of this...If I pay 10 dollars for allergy meds for my child I expect it to work...how is that any different than buying a fan have it not work and return it because it is broken...its not...I am a regular customer at this store I go in almost every day why would I purposely return something knowing I'm going back the next day, willingly knowing it's considered a fraudulent return! That would just be ridiculous and makes no sense...I have dealt with some seriously rough customers and I have never treated anyone the way I was treated...not okay.

25th of May, 2018

@Megk300 A fan can be resold as it is not a medication. Would YOU buy a taped box of meds?! People contaminated Tylenol years ago and I believe 16 people died. Medicine is sealed several ways to prevent problems. Pharmacies can’t resell open medicines. You get the manufacturer to deal with it. Not everyone is aware, maybe, but common sense tells you not to buyopened medications

25th of May, 2018

@SubSquirrel If it is broken they send it back to the company which is what I was getting at...why is it my responsibility to send it back to that company...it should not have been put back on the shelf neither should a broken fan...it would be sent back to the company.

25th of May, 2018

@Megk300 The company will reimburse them for a partial box. They will still lose money. You don’t care as long as you can complain.

• 9w
      25th of May, 2018

@Megk300 when you get a doctors degree and practice medicine I might take advice in that regards but your opinion is wrong

Children's Claritin
    loratadine

Dosing .
    allergy sx
    [ 2-5 yo (chewable tablet) ]
    Dose: 1 tab PO qd prn; Max: 1 tab/24h; Info: do not exceed 5 mg/day from all sources

*chronic idiopathic urticaria
    [ 2-5 yo (chewable tablet) ]
    Dose: 1 tab PO qd; Info: some pts may benefit from higher doses, weigh risk/benefit (ask doctor)

Use Google to find Latin translations. But 5mg/day is ONE pill, not two. READ labels before you poison your child.

26th of May, 2018

Lmao. This is all kinds of stupid. Medicine cannot be returned. Hypothetically speakingl, if you needed one dose to get better and you take it but return the rest because it’s unneeded, everyone would be doing that and that’s not how business works. Like at all. Do you return opened food if someone doesn’t like it? Of course not. It’s common sense. Christ.

• Ty
      1st of Jun, 2018

Not every medication works in every case, for every individual. That doesn't mean that the medication is "broken" or defective. Next time you know to use something else.