Dollar General / coupon redemption

1 Sayre, OK, United States Review updated:

I recently shopped at a Dollar General on Saturday October 6, 2018. I have downloaded the app which is supposed to enable you to "clip" coupons for use in store. You enter your phone number on the pin pad at the register and coupons are supposed to come off. While in line, the two customers before me stated that their coupons were not coming off the total. Both cashiers stated that they have noticed this before and there's nothing they can do about it. The one cashier in my line then stated that the company should not give out the coupons if they're not going to work. When I got to my order the same thing happened. I entered my phone number. The pin pad said I had 129 coupons. But not all of the coupons worked and I was charged full price for items that have coupons and I still have the coupons because they're not expired. I contacts corporate via email and got the most generic response. I demanded a refund for the coupons that did not come off. Their response was...
"Thank you for your submission for DG Digital Coupon support.

To confirm, we verified that your account is active and that you should not have ongoing issues redeeming offers that you have added to your DG Digital Coupon account. However, there may be other reasons that you digital coupons did not redeem at the register.

Below are listed 9 important tips for DG Digital Coupon success. Hopefully they will assist with your next trip.

Tips for Success:

1. Tell your cashier that you're using DG Digital Coupons.
2. Ensure you have clipped the coupon to your digital coupon account.
3. Make sure your account information matches
4. Confirm the correct products for each coupon are in your basket.
5. Enter your full phone number at register/ Pin Pad. (no leading one)
6. If the cashier has already totaled prior to you entering your phone number at the register pin pad, ask them to press the (clear button) and re-total.
7. If the coupon is date specific ($5/$25 coupons) please ensure you are using those on the correct dates.
8. Be sure you are not using a paper manufacturer coupon for the same item.
9. Digital coupons are valid for a single use only unless otherwise specified and is then removed after that use.

We appreciate your feedback and hope we have been helpful in solving any issues that may have occurred.

Kind Regards,

Celene Sebastian
Customer Relations/ Digital Coupons
Dollar General"

What about my email wasn't clear?! Your coupons are not working!! I told them this response was unacceptable and I will no longer shop there and still want my refund! Let's see what happens next. What a joke!

• Updated by Boop826, Oct 15, 2018

Yes the coupon is eligible because I wouldn’t buy it if it wasn’t. I don’t blame the store I blame the corporate so being rude and responding with obvious answers is childish. Have some real info about it. That I haven’t already figured out. I have the coupon and the product as proof. So move on to someone else’s comment

• Updated by Boop826, Oct 15, 2018

FYI this store only sells the size 6.5oz. So, again, the coupon is more than valid!

coupon redemption
    coupon redemption
Bo
Oct 11, 2018

Comments

• Fe
      15th of Oct, 2018

Number 1 if your coupons didn't come off you are NOT entitled to a refund, they are still in your account to be used. Number 2 corporate will not help, you need to call tech support. And number 3 don't blame the stores this is not under their control.

• Fe
      15th of Oct, 2018

If the item is eligible then again call tech support to have the issue fixed, once it is return the item and rebuy with your coupon. But they are not going to refund the coupon and leave it in your account to use again. That is not fair to everyone else who only gets to use it once. Technology sucks especially at dg.