Dollar General Corporation / discrimination/wrongful termination
6/30/09 (Continued from original complaint posted on 6/20/09)
I was called in to another store to meet with Jim Hike this morning. I walked into the office where a DM in training was also present. Jim told me that this meeting was to "separate". He said that "they" decided to terminate me, and the company codes that were used were 43 and 46. #43 states: Mishandeling or failure to protect company assets and #46 states: Violation of company policy/procedure and that comments were required below which were: Violation of Transaction Void Policy and Code of Ethical Conduct Policy. 1st, if you remember I was suspended because I was told that I was being suspended because of to many transaction voids. 2nd, there is NO policy at all on transaction voids. 3rd, it doesn't state how I violated the code of conduct, but I am sure it is because I voiced my opinions and concerns about how DG and Jim Hike handle situations and conduct themselves. I have called the Alternative Dispute Resolution number and filed a dispute of the termination, because I feel that it was wrongfully issued. I have NEVER been wrote up for anything at this company, I loved my job and through my work I showed it. I have received compliments from both the customers and the upper management towards my work ethic. I'm afraid that at this point everyone at DG will sweep this all under the rug and act as if I have said nothing about Jim's misconduct.
I do have a hearing with the EEOC on Monday morning, and I do hope that they decide to file a suit. It's about time that someone stands up for employee rights at this company. Any words of advice or encouragement would help tremendously email@example.com or leave a comment to this post.
More Dollar General Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code 
- Dollar General - store hours 
- Dollar General - tired manager 
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price 
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it! 
- Dollar General - Why are they closing early? 
- Dollar General - the manager of this store 
- Dollar General - mal trato del estore manager
- Dollar General - Store clerk at store # 1511. Monticello, Ms 
- Dollar General - Management