Dollar General - Conway, South Carolinaso tired of rude clerks!

This is a complaint about a Dollar General in Conway, South Carolina:

I am so tired of rude clerks! Can someone relate to this!? I like shopping at Dollar General, the prices are right and I go there often. But I have ruled out one location because of a rude clerk. I have been putting up with this person for a while, just kept thinking she was having a bad day or something. She has never said "hello" when I walk in, never says hello, how are you, did you find everything you need, etc, the usual polite things a clerk is supposed to say to a customer. I have always been polite to everyone, no matter what the situation, even if the other person is being an a__.

Yesterday I went there again, and there she is, having a friendly conversation with the customer in front of me, then when it gets to be my turn, she looks at me, I smile, and she sort of "jumps" like I have cooties or something, and said nothing to me, and I get the usual silent treatment. Then I wrote her a check, and she says (like a mean police officer) "I need to see your license". So, I showed it to her, thinking I was going to get arrested at any moment (I'm sick of that, too, every time I write a check at a store, I get that same treatment).

I don't know why this clerk doesn't like me, I have never been unfriendly to her, on the contrary, I have always tried to be nice! Why do clerks do this to people? I am sick to death of it, and I am tired of being treated rudely.

Look, people, if you don't want to work as a clerk, quit for God's sake, so all those other poor unsuspecting customer like me, don't have to put up with it.

• leah gonzalez's Response, Feb 06, 2019

They all are very rude! They need to learn customer service if this is the job the have. You need to train your employees before you hire them! Send a secret shopper in that store or something and see for yourselves! They are very rude! Esparto ca store!

• gatorsgirl's Response, Jun 29, 2019

my name is Ashley watson I asked dollar general many times please order Sprite Zero blue can because I am only person diabetic so I am file complaint so please let me know [protected]

• Brezae Kennard's Response, Jul 31, 2019

Hi my name is Christie Crawford I have been employed with dollar General for a little over two years and it's had had its good and bad times but since gab the district manager has switched me from Cameron to Rogers it has been pure hell with connie I don't care she is the rudest General manager it is im sending these complainnts.because nothing
    Do

• Brezae Kennard's Response, Jul 31, 2019

Doing nothing about it from day one she has been racist and ugly toward retreating me unfairly and unjust and kind and today tool all of me not to walk out she told me I was the only one doing cashieri g knowing today was a busy day and vendors and etc would come she called me stupid and a customer came to rent a carpet cleaner and I had to fill o

• Brezae Kennard's Response, Jul 31, 2019

So customer came to rent a machine mind u sge would not assist me with five people behind him she kept on walking like she saw nothing I'm doing a emotional distress and harassment suit on her thru my lawyer and something will be done about this I'm tired and exhausted over this issue with connie from Rogers dollar general. And I'm going to do all

Comments

• Sp
      Jul 18, 2007

I was told when i walked in s dollar general store in boaz alabama... that i had three minutes before they closed i told the clerk that i did not have to shop at dollar general i could go else where thank you...

Aug 08, 2019

@spencer kilgore The employees would like to go home to their kids, lives, etc. Not to mention they have rights. Employees of retails stores are not your personal slaves. When something closes, you have to leave. Museums, banks, Auto Repair shops, i can go on and on...why should a retail store be any different? What's with the entitlement in this country?

• Sr
      May 01, 2008

THANKS, PAY ATTENTION TO THE STORE HOURS NEXT TIME. DOLLAR GENERAL IS NOT OPEN 24 HOURS.

• Ro
      Dec 11, 2018
    Dollar General - District manager Kimble
    Hammond
    Illinois

This guy was having a meeting on an isle with associates belittling them telling them they shouldn't be employee be they were uneducated. That's ridiculous and unprofessional. Starting to dislike dg wannabe dm. I live in Hammond Louisiana. This is not right and should've been handle in a different manner. Something should be done.

• Is
      Jan 22, 2019
    Dollar General - Service

the manger according to her accused me in front of other clients of thief being totally false and with very bad form I told myself that I could not return this person lacks total ethics and professionalism

• Re
      Feb 11, 2019
    Dollar General - Manager
    Kiest Blvd Dallas texas

That store has been thru sooo many managers ...should have made the assistant the manager...this new guy needs to be gone...lazy rude and poor people skills

Feb 11, 2019
    Dollar General - Hazelnut coffee creamer
    Hwy 15
    Richton, Mississippi

I am complaining about the Dollar General Store in Richton Mississippi. They are always OUT of hazelnut coffee creamer! It has been 2 weeks and still no creamer. What's the problem? Please tell them to order enough and keep it STOCKED.

Thanks, Marti M. George

[protected]@aol.com This is my e-mail address. January 28/2019
    Monday afternoon.

• St
    Dollar General - Dollar general ripped me off
    Owasso
    Oklahoma

I bought 3 wall switch lights got charged for 4 bought. 3 packs of batteries got charged for 4. bought 1 mommy and me coloring book got charged for 2. Didnt notice it till I got home from owasso to tulsa. By that time it was to late to go back and get my money back.

• Mi
    Dollar General - Nothing on shelves walls not shoveled
    Saint Anne, Illinois

Store is horrible. Absolute garbage. Nothing on shelves. Their garbage is over flowing and they have crappy management and cashiers. They don't shovel. Or stick it's a terrible place.

• Le
    Dollar General - Customer service
    Esparto ca

• Je
      Feb 26, 2019
    Dollar General - need to return a cell phone for a flip phone

can u tell me when he purchased it please??? upc is 79936691292605812000296617438

Apr 07, 2019
    Dollar General - Dollar general
    Hazleton pa

I had purchased dg 30 gallon garbage bags with 52 bags in a box when I opened trash bags the seams are opened can't use garbage bags

Aug 08, 2019

@Margie Makuta So return it. They don't manufacturer the products you know. Defects happen.

• Lg
      Apr 09, 2019
    Dollar General - Wrongful terminatiom
    West lee street broadway va

I worked. At dollar General. Since Oct last yr. 6 wks ago I became. Assistant manager. 3 days ago they fired me for what they said was I gave my key t o the cashier 3 times they knew I was on antidepressant medications that can affect my short or long term memory loss

• Be
      Apr 27, 2019
    Dollar General - Service

I was in the Boiling Springs Lakes store
    I shopped and spent 226.00 while I was there I went in for a certain cat food the employees were rude not friendly and very in helpful if you are interested call me [protected] there is a safety issue with one employee there. I have a lot more to say but it's more than 350 characters so please call me

Apr 28, 2019
    Dollar General - Clinton Arkansas Store

This store is cluttered and dirty. Outdated products on shelf. Unstocked shelves with carts blocking merchandise.

• Be
      Apr 30, 2019
    Dollar General - the entire store
    on east lindsey in Norman, Oklahoma

there are stacked stuff in all of the isles, the shelves are empty, there all pallets of new stuff everywhere but not put on shelves, there is always just 1 employee at the store the store is always messy

Aug 08, 2019

@Betty Mae Who do you think makes these messes? I gove you three guesses, you only need one.If retail customers showed the same respect they show at other businesses, it wouldn't be a problem, would it? And Dollar General does not receive their freight on pallets.

• Al
      May 05, 2019
    Dollar General - Service Natalie at 508 n carrier Pkwy n is horrible

She ( Natalie at that store is rude, disrespectful and my self and my whole assisted living facility will no longer take our bus there until she is fired, if this is how you allow your veterans to be treated by an employee, then shame on u

• Sh
      May 11, 2019
    Dollar General - Hope Highley
    12700 Shortline Hwy. Pine Grove, WB

Hope Highley is the absolute WORST worker that Dollar General in Pine Grove WV has !!

• Fu
      May 25, 2019
    Dollar General - False advertising of Clearance items

I've shopped on two separate occasions and the sign for clearance items is misleading. It will read white dot only 50 percent off and the entire rack has nothing with a white dot. At another store the toys were the same way my daughter grabbed one it wasn't on clearance went back grabbed another with the dot on the sign still wrong. Please fix...

Aug 08, 2019

@Fustratedmom14578 Gosh, someone bought all the white dot on that rack. Go figure. And gosh some customer picked up a toy, wandered around, and put it down where ever they felt like it, likely to pick up another toy to wander around with. Let's blame the retail Store!! Just one child can wreck toy section, let alone what adults do. If people bothered to show some respect and pit things they decide they dont want back, it would improve everyone's shopping experience.

• De
      Jun 02, 2019
    Dollar General - Customer service/ checkout

Always have to wait at checkout because they are cleaning a toilet or taking out trash then handling my items. Gross. Hire someone to work the register!!

Jun 09, 2019
    Dollar General - Business hours.

I got up early this morning to get gas for my lawn mowers. So I decided to go to Dollar General at 8 a.m. . Waited till 10 after 8 and doors were still locked. Employee was inside. I finally decided to leave without purchasing anything. Location Joplin Missouri on 43... .

• Th
      Jun 20, 2019
    Dollar General - Serves
    905 mountrushmore road custer south dakot

There is a Fiona that works at this store she is very rude and is talking very bad about the subway store next door she is also very mean to people that come in I fell something should be done with her I fell she also singels people out to be rude to she is not some one I would let work for me or would want to work with

• Ba
      Jun 29, 2019
    Dollar General - Pat vara and Susie

They were showing affection inside the store. I cant believe yall all two females or any couple to be intimate inside ur store in Pearland off north main store manager is missy

• Ga
      Jul 06, 2019
    Dollar General - Sprite Zero

Aug 08, 2019

@gatorsgirl Stores don't order new products. They can't. Only additional product. They don't get to decide what they carry, that's corporate. Also the distributor decides. Which would be your local Coca Cola distributor.

• Ga
      Jul 06, 2019
    Dollar General - Sprite Zero

• Pa
      Jul 08, 2019
    Dollar General - Appearance of Edwardsville, PA store

I went to the dollar general store in Edwardsville, PA today and will not go back. The store is a total mess. Boxes in the isles. A wet mop leaning against the shelves and no organization whatsoever.

• Ka
      Jul 13, 2019
    Dollar General - The app

I live in seven points tx. The dollar general has chosen to put all the sail prices associated to the ad on an app in order to get sale prices. Yet the app will never open inside the store so therefore it can never be used just a way to rip the customer ofg

• Va
      Jul 14, 2019
    Dollar General - Employees

It seems the local dollar General has hired a psychopathic abusive narcissist. Actually, he's an attempted murderer who thinks it's fun to torture women. We are all boycotting this store until this employee is removed. Store located at 3401 sw. Topeka Blvd in Topeka ks.

• We
      Jul 17, 2019
    Dollar General - The store is consistently dirty.
    Old Fort Rd. Fort Washington, MD

See above store is dirty, needs cleaning. Floor/tile needs to be replaced. Some of the shelving Is rusted, needs replacing. The check out belt at register has been broke for 2 years, inconvenience to customers. I am surprised the health department has not been contacted as the store sales food.
    The store is an eye sore to the neighborhood!

• Ro
      Jul 17, 2019
    Dollar General - Thanks for entrance door repair!
    Us Hwy 94 East

I went into your store today and while shopping I recurved a call from someone who claimed to be with your corp.office they wanted me to pay a customer service fee of $75.00 for the repair, I think this is a scam. The cell number that registered on my phone was [protected].

Jul 20, 2019
    Dollar General - $5 off coupon
    4276 levalley rd Columbiaville Michigan 48421

I purchased a bunch of clothes and other things and the lady checked it out without letting me put my number in for the $5 coupon. I asked if she could take everything and redo it with my phone number and she said "there's nothing I can do about it now".

Aug 08, 2019

@Angela1987 She cant check you out unless you pay. Tell the whole truth.

• Gs
      Jul 24, 2019
    Dollar General - Digital coupons

I have spent way over $20 on saturdays and i have never received a 5/25 ..why w ant you put them back on the receipts..i shop at dg everyday .i spend alot of time and money there. But havent shopped lately as much bc theu stopped giving me a 5/25 coupon.

Aug 05, 2019
    Dollar General - Digital coupons
    1601 W HWY 66

I have a digital coupon for $3.00 off 3 Gain dishwashing soap and so I got 3 gain dishwashing soaps and it doesnt say what size they have to be and it didnt take off my digital coupon plus the cashier was kinda rude and i told her 3 times i needed ice and cigarettes and she never would put them on there.

• Br
      Aug 06, 2019
    Dollar General - Connie general manager/regarding Christie Crawford 3previous complaints attached before these
    Dollar General in rogers texas

And like I said I'm pursuing this to a civil case cause she has done nothing but humiliated me and belittled me in every way and if a company allows this actions should be taken towards them too. I've tried to talk to Gabriel Garcia about this or as we refer to him as Gab and he has done nothing but push the situation under the rug like always and

• Je
      Aug 10, 2019
    Dollar General - TruMoo chocolate milk expired

I just bought 2 trumoo chocolate milks and they were spoiled. My kids did drink some before we checked the expiration date. It was 7/31/2019. 4 days ago. This is completely unacceptable

• Pe
      Aug 17, 2019
    Dollar General - The cashier didn't give me my right changed she pocketed $10 off of $20 bill that I gave her
    Gloucester City in New Jersey

I give the $20.03 the total was 603 and I put the receiver and everything in my pocket when I went home later that night I was missing $10 from the change it supposed to give me shame on her I'm old she likes to take advantage of the old people shame on her but we upset with her she would have been at $10 I would have give it to her

• Sh
      Sep 02, 2019
    Dollar General - Saltine crackers
    Southern Quintard Anniston Al

The saltine crackers was out dated the date on it was May 2019 and it's August 2019

• Di
      Sep 14, 2019
    Dollar General - Prestain remover
    Cable rd

I picked the bottle up lid came off in hand and splatter in my eyea took employees ten minutes to check on me or know if i want injury form filled out did not offer to call ambulance or flush eyes someone contact me told me the send a check to settle which i never received if i dont hear something about filing a law suit

• Sb
      Sep 15, 2019
    Dollar General - Clover valley sunflower Kernels
    Ten Mile

I love this product for the most part except when I get a jar that is rancid. I am going to have to quit purchasing I am starting to get as many rancid as good. it is costing to much to purchase this product . Please work on resolving the problem I really like the Clover Valley brand when I get a good one

Sep 15, 2019
    Dollar General - Publicly rude to a child and family
    1500 Westover Drive Danville, Virginia 24541

The manager publicly outed my 10 year old nephew by accusing him of stealing . She was loud and arrogant and very rude. All she had to do was ask the person he was with to please take him out of the store. The child is autistic and has behavior problems.

• Xd
      Sep 18, 2019
    Dollar General - General
    5700 s tho as drive, Panama city beach Florida

I was overcharged, sign said on sale $5.85, register rang up $6.85. The manager said an employee made a mistake and they would not return my money or give me a credit. Additionally, there was a long line, one register open, 3 blocked isles full of products and the parking lot was trashed.