Dish TV India / Pathetic service!

India Review updated:
We had a strong wind in Ghaziabad on Sunday i.e. 6th may'07 evening. That was enough to kaput my 2 dish TV set-top boxes. Then I called customer care who said it would be fixed in 24 hrs. The next day I call up to ask why no one has come and they tell me my complaints have been resolved as per their record. pray how? By magic? They give me two more complaint numbers for my 2 set-top boxes. So now I have 4 complaint numbers for my 2 set-top boxes but does that help? No! I have to go to a neighborhood dealer, pay 300 bucks and he realigns the antenna. I tell them to put the antenna in my balcony but no that is not possible! So it is Tuesday after 48 hrs my TV is back. Is all well? No, the next day again one of my set-top boxes goes kaput. I call customer care. They f/w my old complaint number. Thursday comes. No one from dish TV yet. I call the dealer who says he will come but does not. It is now Friday and i am left wondering why the heck I bought dish TV in the first place. If you guys cannot handle simple problems why do you enter the cable TV business. I have never seen such pathetic service. My next course of action. Tell all my acquaintances to never buy Dish TV. Then broadcast all over the internet my awful experience so that people get a lesson not to buy Dish ever.

No thanks to Dish TV,
A disgruntled customer.
Ranjit Datta.

N  18th of Jun, 2007 by
Response from customer care is very - very poor. Order for MOD is very poor. There is always system problem for ordering for MOD.
A  24th of Jul, 2007 by
I bought the cursed dishtv set a week ago, after spend lot of money on making calls to their noida call center from bangalore and their local dealer in bangalore, i am still waiting for activation. Call the company and some idiot in call center picks up who has no manager, no senior person ( and i am sure no known father either ), call center guys blame the dealer and dealer blames the company. Having paid the money in advance I am now stuck with this damn thing.

NEVER buy dish TV, you will regret it.
A  27th of Jul, 2007 by
I had purchased a STB of dish tv india from one of the shopkeeper in the remote area of Chittorgarh district, Rajasthan. I was unaware of the application formalities etc required for installation of dish tv. After paying the sum fully the shop keeper installed the connection in my premises and I started to get channels. Later only I came to know that the packages can be made as per the customer's choice. Then I tried to get the Telgu package. Then only I came to know that the connection is required to be in the purchaser's name and identity proof is a requirement for availing the connection. However, after knowing this from the dish tv head quarters, I immediately made a request for change of name and address in my name, and the mistake was the result of an unscrupulous dealer of Neemach of MP. But despite having extending whatever details are required, including the STB number, the old name and the new name in to which the transfer is required etc... even today also the connection is in the old name only. I do not understand why dish tv is so adamant in not extending help to the aggrieved for no fault of the customer like me.

Due to all these problems I am fed up and I have started to think of giving publicity at least in my circle not to go for dish tv.
A  29th of Jul, 2007 by
STB Not activated even after 5 days . 100 rupees spend on calls

Please don't buy this product at all.
A  28th of Aug, 2007 by
I purchased Dish TV 6 months back. With a lot of problems mainly the network and alignment, I had to fight with the Vaishali, Gaziabad dealer many times for poor service. Latest complaint against the said dealer was logged by me through telephone on July 24 at 10 pm.

Latest I came to know that I have ordered 4 movies on July 25, 07 through internet. It was really a surprise to me. I have never entered my details in internet and demanded any movie. Moreover the most shocking news to me was that these movies have been ordered on 25 july at 8:08 am with a gap of 4-8 seconds between each movie, ie ordering time for 4 movies is 8:08:02, 8:08:06, 8:08:10, 8:08:14 which is totally impossible. So instead of taking proper action on my complaints made I have been penalized of ordering 4 movies which I never ordered in my life till from D-TV.

So I personally agree with all above mentioned complaints made by various customers which are similar to problems faced by me. I would alert all customers using D-TV to periodically check their account balance and not to get a surprise that I got suddenly.

Any comments please feel free to contact me on 9899877746.

Ravinder Bhat.
A  8th of Sep, 2007 by
Thanks for your info. I will look for something else.
N  12th of Sep, 2007 by
DishTV - India's first & ***WORST**** DTH Entertainment Digital Picture and Satellite TV Services India
I have purchased DishTV under a promotional offer of getting “free 36 MOD Free’. After six month it stopped working; where as I have seen only 7-8 movies. DishTV guys didn’t stopped here; now they are asking money for the movies I have seen.

I should suggest people not to buy DishTV. They are playing a master game where they have included there dealers also. When you tell DishTV that you have already paid your amount at right time they will say we haven’t received the payment at right time and the dealer will say that we have submitted at right time.

In between these two players; do you know who is suffering? “YOU”
And they are enjoying money that your are paying to them…

I would say “DishTV - India's WORST DTH Entertainment Digital Picture and Satellite TV Services”

And BEWARE OF DishTV and their SHAMELESS Customer Service.
A  22nd of Sep, 2007 by
September 22, 2007

Customer Care
Dish TV India Ltd.
New Delhi

Re:- VC No.01501833370-SINGLE USER Installed at K-31/18A, Model Town –III,

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that I have taken connection of Dish TV DISC from your vendor M/s Geet Mala. Com, F-14/11, Near Mcdonald, Model Town-II, and Delhi-110009 for Rs.3850 /- under world cup scheme with six month free on 17.03.2007 valid upto 16.09.2007 installed at my residence at K-31/18A, Model Town –III, Delhi-110009 with SINGLE USER.

On inquiry from your help line I came to know that to my utter surprise your vendor has provided me MULTI USER connection which I came to know after three months when Dish TV stopped my connection. At that time I specifically inform on phone that my connection is SINGLE USER. After lodging complain video complain no.7419080 and 7464822 and persuasion Dish TV again re-connected my connection and it was on till 31st August 2007.

Now again I have asked your aforesaid vendor for recharge of my connection for six months at Rs.1710/- and he has raised bill no.209 dated 09.09.2007 for Rs.1710/- but only deposited Rs.250/- with Dish TV this fact known to me from your help line only after re-starting my connection on 12.09.2007 and again stopped 18.09.2007.

On inquiry from your help line I came to know that your aforesaid vendor is still running my connection as MULTI USER whereas my connection is only SINGLE USER and there is outstanding of Rs.368/-. As my connection is on from 12.09.2007 to 18.09.2007.

Rakesh Sharma
K-31/18A, Model Town –III,
N  28th of Sep, 2007 by
Dear Mr. Sharma,

I appreciate and thank you for your valuable feedback and to ensure an action immediately on this issue would request you to provide your contact number as your VC No. is already here.

we will check this at our end and get back to you ASAP.

Dishtv Helpdesk
Email id: dishtvhelpdesk@dishtv.in
Contact Number: 1860-180-3474, 0120-4443474
Website: www.dishtvindia.in
A  10th of Oct, 2007 by
On September 31 -07 my smart card started not working. So I brought new smart card from Bangalore dish care on 03/10/2007. They told it will be activated in three days I waited for three days it never activated. I called up dish care the 8/10/2007 they raised complain no 9209366 and said it will be activated in 24 hr. But it trued out false promise again I called them up and they raised another complain 9238672 again they said it will activated in 24 hr but it never activated.

Now I am cursing myself why i bought Dish TV.

N  15th of Oct, 2007 by
Dear Mr. Mathew,

I thank you for taking time to write a detailed feedback on our services.To ensure an action on this issue, would appreciate if you could send more details. Please provide us your contact number ,your VC No. and Complaint No. We will check this from our end and get back to you ASAP. Also you can mail us your details.

Dishtv Helpdesk
Email Id: dishtvhelpdesk@dishtv.in
Contact Number: 1860-180-3473, 0120-4443474.
Website: www.dishtvindia.in.
N  9th of Nov, 2007 by
There are three issues that have bothered me related to DishTV:

There are too many SMS messages that DishTV is sending these days (today is 9th Nov. 2007). This is simply spamming causing disturbance. When complained, I did get a telephonic call from customer care but then again spamming started. Simply unacceptable.

The credit card payment process has been very unreliable in the past. Almost every time when I made payment via credit card I needed to contact support who have never been professional in sorting out the issue.

The channels are abruptly changed/moved from their current locations.
A  10th of Nov, 2007 by
I had purchased a dish tv over 1 year, but every time of payments there own service centers are not respond. They take a cash from me but they can't make a payments further. So, the result is my connection is disconnect. But At this time i purchase its cash card & make a payment through sms but again my connection has been disconnect. There customer feedback form doesn't accept the form after filling the form & there customer care are also unsatisfied services to the customers.
N  14th of Nov, 2007 by
Dear Manish,

I just can't comment on SMS because its festive time and its expected that some messages do come.

Further I am using DishTV for quite long time and always pay through credit card on internet, but till now I haven't face any problem every time it was automatically updated on time. That might be the case with you.
A  16th of Nov, 2007 by
My dish TV service abruptly cut down.

Don't know the reason.

I left it not repaying for so long.

If I want to re activate it, Have I to pay for the last months when I did not use the service?

Can anybody help me.

A  23rd of Nov, 2007 by
On Feb 27 -07 , I brought new smart card from THANE. It was welcome package . I paid for 12 months. I am supposed to enjoy this package till 26/02/08 without interuption.After completion of 6 months , It got deactivated . After repeated follow up with the agent it got activated after 20 daysagain but just after one month it got deactivated again. Disk TV space message shows renewal is required.Since then still it is not working for last 15 days inspite of repeated follow up with agent. I have spent by this time Rs 3000 on telephone. Always I get reply within 2 to 3 hours ,it would be activated but still waiting for that moment. Whatever I spent on telephone I could have renewed for another 9 months but what reliability you have that again the Disk TV space message would not come saying you need to renew now to enjoy it after six months.
Now I am cursing myself why I bought Dish TV. I lost hope.
MY VC NO 01504207480
A  25th of Nov, 2007 by
I am wondering when the hell dish tv is going to be activated. its almost 72 hours now. In short dishtv is poor.
A  26th of Nov, 2007 by
Dear Mr.Das,

We thank you for writing your valuable feedback on our services. To ensure an action immediately on this issue we appreciate if you wold be able to provide Contact No as you have already mentioned your VC No here. Please provide us complaint number (if any). We will check this at our end and get back to ASAP.

dishtv helpdesk,
Email id: dishtvhelpdesk@dishtv.in
website: www.dishtvindia.in
Contact No: 1860-180-3474 , 0120-4443474
N  1st of Dec, 2007 by
I made my renewel on 28/11/2007. Still my dish tv account is not activated. I m wondring what they r doing, I mailed several e-mails to Dish tv customer care but they not reponded with single one. Now I m just waiting for the service to come to my dish tv. I not able to understand that what is problem going there. They also not informed me.

My dish tv account is 01501217513. Yar, when it comes to services dish tv have poor attitude towards their customers. As I saw one of the friends is also waiting for the from past 72 hrs.

How irresponsible they r.... Is there noboy to improve their lot and make better their attitude. People do have expectations but they r just teasing them with their poor services and Quality
N  1st of Dec, 2007 by
My Request to Dish tv higher bodies. Plz Don't make break Up with this family of dishtv and Its users.
Try to improve the things. People should not feel helpless as I m now feeling. By chance I came to this forum now let's see what happens. I can only hope for the best...

DishTV India Logo DishTV India