Dish TV Dealer - EBTV (Dish Network) / beware of the "processing fee"
My husband called in to Dish TV to inquire about the new special they were running for $19.95 per month. After getting some information from them the representative on the phone asked for our debit card number and his SSN to "hold" the order until we had sufficient time to see if we could get a dig permit to install the dish. Despite the advice I gave him to not give any of that information until we know for sure if we can do it or not, my husband gave them the requested info since he was under the impression that we were not going to be charged. However, we were charged a fee of $49.95. We called to tell them we couldn't get the dig permit because of our housing situation and they would not refund the fee despite the fact the representative told us he would. After much debate for about 30 minutes - with them telling us it's a "processing fee" for, I guess, just talking to them..., Dish said they would pull the tape of the call and listen to it and call us back. They didn't call us back for about three weeks, but I noticed we were refunded the $49.95 today. We're very grateful they give us our money back, but a word of warning - don't trust Dish TV when they say they won't charge you - they will charge you a processing fee just for talking to them.
More Dish TV Dealer - EBTV (Dish Network) Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network - ignorant representatives, overcharging and scamming my account 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - lack of satellite reception 
- Dish Network - horrendous customer service! 
- Dish Network / Dish Network EchoStar - poor business ethics
- Dish Network / Dish.com - poor service and tech support