Dish Network / billing/refunds

1 TX, United States Review updated:

The following summarizes a two day ordeal trying to get this company to make right what they made wrong. My first call to them was to pay what I needed to to get our service restored. We had some fraudulent activity with our old checking account and I needed to also give them the new account information in order to pay my bill. The rep told me the system would neither let her make the account changes or post the payment. She said I should go online to my DISH account and make the payment there. I did. And when I clicked the Finish/Submit/Validate button up comes a screen with both the payment she said she could not post and the one I made online. I chatted with a rep online who was unable to anything. I called back and spoke to a rep who assured me once they went through(the payments) they would make a full refund of the payment in error. Below represents the conclusion of this matter. And my refund will not post OR be mailed until the 20th at the earliest. 5 days before Christmas. The following body of text is copied directly from the page at Dish website to billing and customer service.

TO DISH NETWORK CUSTOMER SERVICE/BILLING:
Now...I knew that you were not going to refund the total amount of the second payment. I was told by billing that the payment I needed to make was $223 and some change. That was all I could afford. You guys screwed up but since the double payment..by your error..was made..you decided that as long as you had control of my money you would just go ahead and TAKE the remainging balance. THAT WAS NOT THE REQUIREMENT AND AS FAR AS I"M CONCERNED YOU JUST STOLE FROM ME. YOU JUST TOOK SOME OF OUR GRANDCHILDRENS CHRISTMAS FROM UNDER THE TREE. I might have changed my mind about canceling my subscription with DISH Network but now...not a chance. I may not even wait until the two years are up before I find another provider. When I do..I will send your unit back and because of what you have done to me, my family and most important, my grandchildren...after I cancel my service with you and send your unit back..you will not get another dime from me. This is wrong what you have done. I know my bill was $320 plus some change. The fact remains that your billing rep said I only had to pay the $223+ to get back online and restore my service. Second...I was told by your billing rep yesterday that the second payment...your error..would be fully refunded. That was a lie. I choose not to be angry but you can be sure that I will be posting what DISH Network has done in as many places as I can. Do me once...shame on you. Do me twice and betray my trust...forget you.

Comments

• Ki
      21st of Dec, 2010

Hi there Patrick! I happened to read your post & I'm extremely sorry to hear about all these issues you have experienced with DISH Network in the last week! I'll introduce myself, my name is Kirstie Filosa & I work for DISH Network, in the Executive Resolutions Department & I would personally be more then happy to help you get this resolved. :) -Only thing is, since this is a public forum, you can e-mail me if you'd like & then you & I can work together and definitely make sure we get this all fixed for you! :) My email is Kirstie.Filosa@Dishnetwork.com. Take care & Hope to hear from you soon! -Kirstie