Dish Network / misrepresented turbo hd
Turbo HD Silver packaged was advertised to contain all the HD channels associated with the Silver and Gold classic packages, but it contained less.
We've been with Dish Network for a few years now and recently signed up for the Turbo HD Silver Plan. During the past week, we noticed that Nickelodeon, one of our 3-year-old's favorites, was missing. This morning I hit up Dish Network's Live Help function on their website. The rep told me that Nickelodeon, along with 4 other channels I definitely had (Fox News, MSNBC, MTV, and VH1) were not part of the Turbo HD Silver package and never were.
When we went with Turbo HD, it was sold as every channel with an HD equivalent in the Gold and Silver packages, which held true until this past week/weekend. The rep said that was not the case and that adding on HD to a regular Gold or Silver packages actually gave you more HD channels than getting an all HD package. I asked the rep for a complete Turbo HD channel lineup, which he conveniently could not find on the website, so he manually typed a list, which I noticed also left out FX. When I let him know I had watched FX as of yesterday, he recanted and said he left that one out accidentally, but the others are definitely not now, nor ever were part of the package. He insisted MSNBC wasn't part of the package even though it's on my television even now.
When I brought up the fact that he had channels listed here (New England Sports Network) that I had never heard of, he recanted again and said he had might have missed some of the regional sports networks. He had no explanation for the missing Turbo HD channel lineup, so I had to basically take his word that it was never part of the package. It seems to me they're just making things up as they go along and arbitrarily taking channels away. The fact that there is no Turbo HD collateral on the website anymore makes me believe that they're trying to sweep it quietly under the rug.
Frankly, I just want my kid's channel back, but if they can't provide that, I want the Silver package with HD for the Turbo HD Price for the 15 month remainder of my contract or I want to be rid of my contract without the $160 penalty.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network - ignorant representatives, overcharging and scamming my account 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - lack of satellite reception 
- Dish Network - horrendous customer service! 
- Dish Network / Dish Network EchoStar - poor business ethics
- Dish Network / Dish.com - poor service and tech support