Dish Network / victory in court against dish network
Follow up in California. Sue Dish through their agent of process, Corporation Service Company dba CSC-Lawyers Incorporating Service, P.O. Box 526036, Sacramento, California 95852. Check your State’s Secretary of State website for a search on corporations doing business. After months of bs from Dish/Echostar, I finally sued in small claims and what happens? They call me late Friday, the last business day before the court date next Monday. Typical attorney ploy. They send me an unsigned on their part boilerplate “agreement” in an email that basically signs away my rights while protecting their own. After going back and forth with a paralegal, NOT EVEN A REAL ATTORNEY, they have made it clear they don’t intend to do diddly about their having sent me to the CBE Group, Inc. collection agency. The paralegal, read as low paid clerk, sends me screen captures showing me nothing and claiming she got confirmation from a “supervisor” that everything was taken care of. Sure, just like the months of grief they subjected me to. For this they want a gag order and a complete release from liability in exchange for my dismissing the case for which I get nothing. See you in court Monday Echostar. I was told they would send a “local general manager” who was prepared to defend their interest I suppose. Sure, another low paid shlep who is in fear for his job trying to explain something he had no hand in all these months. I have stacks of records and will perhaps move this to a higher court seeking damages. So if you’re disgusted with this company, SUE THEM. Find their agent of service and SUE THEM. I know that they had settlement on their minds since the “agreement” they sent me was dated OVER A MONTH AGO. They stalled until the last minute thinking their customers are stupid and will sign anything.
Victory in court against Dish Network and Echostar Communications. After Echostar refused to send me confirmation of the removal of my account from collections and my refusal in turn to sign a gag order and liability release for them and not for me I proceeded to small claims court here in Los Angeles. Echostar hides from their customers in Colorado with diversionary phone numbers that connect you with people in India with no clue as to what’s going on here. I found Echostar’s Agent of Service through the Secretary of State’s website. Search them in your home state since this is the only way to get Echostar to respond. I sued them for continued billing long after I cancelled service and they sent me to collections for refunds they claim to have sent me which they wanted back! Their totals went anywhere from $100 to nearly $1000 depending on who I was speaking to on the phone. When the judge heard that he clearly decided in my favor stating incredulously that this corporation wanted their refunds back? It was a priceless moment. The Dish Network local manager they sent had no clue what was going on yet referred to me in insulting terms which didn’t help their case. He then produced a letter from the collection agency The CBE Group, Inc. which Echostar’s paralegal refused to send me unless I signed a gag order. Then he produced a screenshot saved from their computers which still showed me as having been a deadbeat to them, noting a “charge off” of my account for the 155 day “delinquency” which never existed. Billing a customer for services never rendered to hide an extortion attempt at stealing back refunds which I never received apparently didn’t please the court. I asked for treble damages for the approximately $350 they reported to collection and the judge ruled in my favor and awarded me $500 for my months of grief at the hands of this horrible corporation and its employees. I still am apparently reported as a charge off which reflects that I somehow am the bad guy and I didn’t get a copy of their collection agency letter but I have this judgement and will collect soon enough. NEVER GIVE UP AND NEVER ALLOW THESE SOULESS CORPORATIONS TO BULLY YOU. I will write a comprehensive account of all this when I have time, the details of which are unbelievable.
Outline of my presentation in Los Angeles Superior Court small claims:
1. Cancelled awful service with Dish Network, August of 2006.
2. Paid last bill 8/28/06
3. Returned Dish satellite parts in UPS box provided by Dish, package received by Dish 10/05/06 as per UPS printout and confirmed by “Sarah” Dish rep in India 11/8/06.
4. Dish unauthorized debited $96.45 from my checking account claiming they didn’t receive satellite parts.
5. Dozens of calls to Dish, [routed through answering services in India] finally got a refund from one of them for the $100 12/01/06.
6. Began receiving billing for non-existent service that went from $8 to $500. Dozens more calls to Dish proved pointless and fruitless.
7. Finally contacted Echostar corporate headquarters in Colorado after online search to find Dish contacts here in US. Was again told of phantom refunds, no explanation for the extortion attempts for services never rendered from 9/06 to 2/07, received no explanation as to why they attempted this through false billings instead of direct letter or phone call. Told them I intended to sue in small claims if they didn’t stop billing.
8. Received collections notice from The CBE Group, Inc. 2/15/07 for non-existent refunds Dish computers claim I received. Dish reps first claimed refund of app. $250, then another $250 then another nearly $400 refunds which I never received.
9. Sued Echostar in small claims after exhaustive search for their real agent of service.
10. Notified collection agency of suit 3/07.
11. Received phone call from supposed paralegal for Dish/Echostar offering settlement but “settlement” document was unsigned by Dish rep and was in effect a gag order and release for Dish, not a settlement of collection or billing issue. Emails confirmed Dish still had me listed as a 155 day delinquency and was lied to about no collection attempt for which I have a letter from collection agency. Paralegal refused to confirm deletion of my false “account” and refused to forward notice from collection agency of deletion of collection attempts.
12. Now appearing in court asking for legal remedy against Dish/Echostar to force them to delete this entire episode in writing, notify with proof in writing of end of collection account, pay for court costs and compensate me for my months of aggravation, pain and suffering, mental distress, etc.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - suspend service while out of the country. 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - dish reception 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - service cut off after promising it would not happen 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - charge for no service 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - movies