Dish Network / victory in court against dish network

Follow up in California. Sue Dish through their agent of process, Corporation Service Company dba CSC-Lawyers Incorporating Service, P.O. Box 526036, Sacramento, California 95852. Check your State’s Secretary of State website for a search on corporations doing business. After months of bs from Dish/Echostar, I finally sued in small claims and what happens? They call me late Friday, the last business day before the court date next Monday. Typical attorney ploy. They send me an unsigned on their part boilerplate “agreement” in an email that basically signs away my rights while protecting their own. After going back and forth with a paralegal, NOT EVEN A REAL ATTORNEY, they have made it clear they don’t intend to do diddly about their having sent me to the CBE Group, Inc. collection agency. The paralegal, read as low paid clerk, sends me screen captures showing me nothing and claiming she got confirmation from a “supervisor” that everything was taken care of. Sure, just like the months of grief they subjected me to. For this they want a gag order and a complete release from liability in exchange for my dismissing the case for which I get nothing. See you in court Monday Echostar. I was told they would send a “local general manager” who was prepared to defend their interest I suppose. Sure, another low paid shlep who is in fear for his job trying to explain something he had no hand in all these months. I have stacks of records and will perhaps move this to a higher court seeking damages. So if you’re disgusted with this company, SUE THEM. Find their agent of service and SUE THEM. I know that they had settlement on their minds since the “agreement” they sent me was dated OVER A MONTH AGO. They stalled until the last minute thinking their customers are stupid and will sign anything.
-------------------
Victory in court against Dish Network and Echostar Communications. After Echostar refused to send me confirmation of the removal of my account from collections and my refusal in turn to sign a gag order and liability release for them and not for me I proceeded to small claims court here in Los Angeles. Echostar hides from their customers in Colorado with diversionary phone numbers that connect you with people in India with no clue as to what’s going on here. I found Echostar’s Agent of Service through the Secretary of State’s website. Search them in your home state since this is the only way to get Echostar to respond. I sued them for continued billing long after I cancelled service and they sent me to collections for refunds they claim to have sent me which they wanted back! Their totals went anywhere from $100 to nearly $1000 depending on who I was speaking to on the phone. When the judge heard that he clearly decided in my favor stating incredulously that this corporation wanted their refunds back? It was a priceless moment. The Dish Network local manager they sent had no clue what was going on yet referred to me in insulting terms which didn’t help their case. He then produced a letter from the collection agency The CBE Group, Inc. which Echostar’s paralegal refused to send me unless I signed a gag order. Then he produced a screenshot saved from their computers which still showed me as having been a deadbeat to them, noting a “charge off” of my account for the 155 day “delinquency” which never existed. Billing a customer for services never rendered to hide an extortion attempt at stealing back refunds which I never received apparently didn’t please the court. I asked for treble damages for the approximately $350 they reported to collection and the judge ruled in my favor and awarded me $500 for my months of grief at the hands of this horrible corporation and its employees. I still am apparently reported as a charge off which reflects that I somehow am the bad guy and I didn’t get a copy of their collection agency letter but I have this judgement and will collect soon enough. NEVER GIVE UP AND NEVER ALLOW THESE SOULESS CORPORATIONS TO BULLY YOU. I will write a comprehensive account of all this when I have time, the details of which are unbelievable.
-----------------------
Outline of my presentation in Los Angeles Superior Court small claims:

1. Cancelled awful service with Dish Network, August of 2006.

2. Paid last bill 8/28/06

3. Returned Dish satellite parts in UPS box provided by Dish, package received by Dish 10/05/06 as per UPS printout and confirmed by “Sarah” Dish rep in India 11/8/06.
4. Dish unauthorized debited $96.45 from my checking account claiming they didn’t receive satellite parts.

5. Dozens of calls to Dish, [routed through answering services in India] finally got a refund from one of them for the $100 12/01/06.

6. Began receiving billing for non-existent service that went from $8 to $500. Dozens more calls to Dish proved pointless and fruitless.

7. Finally contacted Echostar corporate headquarters in Colorado after online search to find Dish contacts here in US. Was again told of phantom refunds, no explanation for the extortion attempts for services never rendered from 9/06 to 2/07, received no explanation as to why they attempted this through false billings instead of direct letter or phone call. Told them I intended to sue in small claims if they didn’t stop billing.

8. Received collections notice from The CBE Group, Inc. 2/15/07 for non-existent refunds Dish computers claim I received. Dish reps first claimed refund of app. $250, then another $250 then another nearly $400 refunds which I never received.

9. Sued Echostar in small claims after exhaustive search for their real agent of service.

10. Notified collection agency of suit 3/07.

11. Received phone call from supposed paralegal for Dish/Echostar offering settlement but “settlement” document was unsigned by Dish rep and was in effect a gag order and release for Dish, not a settlement of collection or billing issue. Emails confirmed Dish still had me listed as a 155 day delinquency and was lied to about no collection attempt for which I have a letter from collection agency. Paralegal refused to confirm deletion of my false “account” and refused to forward notice from collection agency of deletion of collection attempts.

12. Now appearing in court asking for legal remedy against Dish/Echostar to force them to delete this entire episode in writing, notify with proof in writing of end of collection account, pay for court costs and compensate me for my months of aggravation, pain and suffering, mental distress, etc.

Comments

• Ro
      30th of Mar, 2009

I am currently fighting Dish about credits I was promised. After many calls, I got very upset about the run around I was getting. After some Google time, I found the Corp number and called it. I'm on hold now, so lets see what happens. I am tired of being pushed around by companies I HIRE to service my life. I PAY THIER BILLS!!!. Do not take crap from these people. And b y the way, to HELL with Indian call centers dealing with my AMERICAN service issues. If I am going to chew anyone out, I want them to understand every word.

• Lo
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Same kinds of issues, foreign call centers, pledges that our credit and
    the account(s) in question are in good standing, and equipment not
    owned by us, ever, has been found and we are no longer held liable
    for what we never had, never owned, and never used...

And then we get calls from their collections affiliate. We do not
    have the dish network anymore, after being among the first 10
    customers in the State of Alaska in 1995. Haven't been able to
    use the receivers and cut the service. A billing error has us as
    an owner or holder of a receiver we never had or used; the
    serial numbers no not match our records or household billing.

And they called again today. Can we let these American Taliban
    know how we feel about their draconian greed? Holy CowSlop.

• Ca
      17th of Feb, 2010

I feel the pain.See Dish network at pissed consumer.com

• Am
      25th of Mar, 2010

Even in India, these Dish TV guys are cheating people.
    On Monday morning my TV showed error message 401 and even Recharge your Dish TV card.
    My Dish TV Subscription is valid upto July 2010.
    I called then central number 18001803474, lodged complaint, then on Wednesday noon the technician comes.
    Before entering my house he demands Rs 165 as visiting charge even before touching the set top box.
    Then the technician in 2 minutes tells - that set top box is faulty. So he takes it away with him. Tells it till take 4 days for repairing and I have to pay extra charges for repairing over and above Rs 165/-.
    I AM WITHOUT MY TELEVISION FOR FOUR DAYS. He tells there is company policy not to keep replacement set top box.
    Finally on Friday he brings the set top box installs it and charges me another Rs 800/-.
    I feeL CHEATED.
    Further I was left WITHOUT WATCHING TELEVISION FOR ALMOST FIVE DAYS.
    Very poor service. I am disgusted.
    In present times of competition these guys still exploit the consumer.

• Kr
      14th of Jul, 2010

We switch to dish after three years of being with another company the guy comes out and puts wire where ever he feels the urge to then decideds to cut wires on the side of my house well we have a thurnder storm and lighting its everything blows my two tvs my husband xbox and the dish all because of those wires now they say nothing is wrong with box and refuse to fix anything so we are getting a lawyer I have all the pictures the video and plus the converstation between the rep and the field guy they sent us... I believe if you want to be a leading company that you should still support the middle class that is sure enough supporting you!

• My
      28th of Aug, 2010

THE BBB HAS RECEIVED OVER 53, 000 complaints about Dish and Direct over the past five years. My advice is cancel your Debit or Credit Card and stop paying the crooks. When they turn you over to the collection agency tell them you will call their toll free number 50 times if they call you again. If they do then start calling. They will BEG YOU TO STOP before you get half way through. If they call again, add another 25 calls to the collection agency. Both Dish Network and Direct TV are CROOKS and deserve to be treated as such...

• Di
      31st of Aug, 2010

Dish is by far the worst cable/satellite company out there, they are pathetic IMHO, they want me to pay for service after I canceled my account at the end of my 18 month agreement, Rep Angeline Romero Executive Communications DISH Network Corporation refused to send me a bill or even correct the bill they are charging me for services I did not receive nor use. I have requested billing statements for over a year, now today she says she will mail them, I had informed her in April to mail all billing to my attorney and she never mailed anything to me or my attorney, now she claims she will after they placed this bunk or my credit report, I'm looking into a suit now and will be meeting with my attorney as soon as I get the statements, this company is just full of excuses and blame the customer first is the attitude that I have been given, I wish I had never ordered from this company I highly recommend people to look elsewhere for service.

I do not know why this company has decided to treat me the way it has.

If you have a complaint you can try this email and number, but from my experience Mrs Romero will not be helpful.

Angeline.romero@dishnetwork.com

720-514-7306

• To
      2nd of Nov, 2010

Dish Network is worst of the worst. I signed for their basic programming($24.95)it was suppose to come with a visa card for $25.00 that they were suppose to mail to me. I never recieved the card, called them to inquire about the Visa card with no results. After a month I found out that they illegally signed me for an additonal service that I never requsted, and billed me for $117.00. When I called them to inquire about that, their agent told me that the day I called to inquire about the $25.00 Visa card, is the day they added the service.
    This company is rated C- with the Better Business Bureau, it is run by crooks.
    Here's what I am doing:
    I did my homework to find their Serving agent in my State(California), Iwrote Dish Network a ccerified letter, I will not communicate with them any longer by phone, everything has to be in writing.
    I will be filling in a small claim court a law suit against them for emotional pain and suffering in violation of the Fair billing Credit Act.
    Their serving agent in California is:

CSC - Corporation Service Company
    2730 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95833-3503
    Laura Karpen, Branch Manager
    (916) 641-5100, (800) 222-2122
    (916) 641-5151

To find their serving agent in your state go to the "Secretary of State"web site for your state. For California it is:

Also, file a complain with your State Consumer Affairs. Also, with your State "Attorney General", and with your county Better Business Bureau.
    It is simple, , and easy now to file a law suit aginst them, most counties will let you do it on line, and most courts have workshops so that your learn more about the process of filling.

This company takes advantage of consumers, do not allow them to make you one of their victims.

• Fo
      24th of Dec, 2010

Yes I do agree with everyone in here about Dish I just recived a call from a collaction agency wanting me to pay 568.74 for non return of Dish equioment also of an early termation. When I called Dish when I moved they told me it would cost 100.00 to have a rep come out and tell me that I could not get service due to the way my apt was faceing I told them I did not want to wast 100.00 for that when I could tell them myself. Then I was told when I signed up that there was not termation fee since I was useing a prepaid account with them. I was just on the phone with them for 2 hours and have got nothing done about this. I am really thinking about sueing them. If anyone else has had this happen please let me know.

• Bo
      28th of Dec, 2010

I had two heart attacks this year, and lost my job. I then lost my house because I lost my job. I then had open-heart surgery because of the two heart attacks. I closed my account with Dish Network because I had to move in to live with family, and Dish Network is after me for cancelling their service. I paid all my bills with them, but they absolutely refuse to stop charging me for cancelling their service even though I have zero income now, and serious health issues. They told me on the phone that they would not send me to a collection agency, but withing 30 days of this "promise", the collection agency letter has arrived, and now I will have that hell to deal with. I will NEVER use one of these souless companies for TV again. I have no way to pay them off as I am totally helpless in the financial area now.

• Gi
      28th of May, 2013

We signed up for the $24.99 a month. Every month for the last three years we have had nothing but trouble with them. They keep adding a few cents to our bill each month. It is now up to $40.25. We keep calling them to no avail. They are The rudest company we have ever delt with. The last person I asked for to file a formal complaint, I was transfered to a guy that said his name was Michael Cortez @ 303-942-8605 extention 52271, and he said he was a dish network executive, well he was absolutely the Rudest of all They are all RUDE but he was The Worst. He did not let me file a complaint, would not tell me how, or who could do this for me, and told me I would have to pay a $95.00 fee for returning the boxes plus shipping, plus a $300. cancelation fee even though our contract was up years ago. I asked for his superviser and he said rudely to stay on the line for 2 minutes and after 7 minutes I realized he had hung up on me. Why do these people continue to get away with this abuse? This is so wrong!

5th of Jun, 2013

Hello gigo1, I will be happy to review your DISH account for your concerns and see how we may help you. Please email with the DISH account number for assistance.

Mark Haakenson
    Social Media Representative
    DISH LLC
    mark.haakenson@dish.com
    3 pm – 11 pm Sunday through Thursday

Howard Luken,

I'm sorry to see it came down to a situation like that where you had to take such measures. If there's anything further I may be able to assist you with, please let us know as we do strive to provide our valued customers with the highest quality support in the industry!

Rock,

I realize how long ago your post is from but just wanted to reach out to you to let you know I'm always here help you if you ever need assistance with your service. How are you liking it at this point?

lostinAlaska@seward.net,

I can understand how you were frustrated from that and am always happy to provide you with some additional assistance if you ever need help with anything!

cabo rick,

That's a site we enjoy monitoring to help resolve our customers concerns and I'd be delighted to further assist you with anything you may need help with! Please let me know!

Kryswilson123,

I can see how that was aggravating for you and if I was in your shoes, I'd feel the same way. Were you able to get that situation resolved? Any damage done to your home is definitely we're happy to look into and I'll await your follow-up!

My suggestion,

It's unfortunate to hear of the frustrations you were going through with the billing and I just wanted to check in with you to see if you needed any further help! Please feel free to send me a private message with some details of what the situation was so I can at least take down some of your feedback. Thank you.

Dishnetworksucks,

I can understand it can be quite frustrating to not see your bill to determine your ending balance after cancelling the service and would be more than happy to help you! Have you been able to get this issue resolved properly? Please let me know so that I may follow up with you if necessary and I would appreciate it, also, if you could provide me with some details on why you chose to cancel your service with us as we always enjoy reaching out to our customers for any feedback they can provide us about the experience they've had with us. Thanks!

Tom_USA_411,

Your frustration is understandable from a situation like that and hate to hear it came to that means of getting your issue handled. If you haven't already been able to get that resolved, please let me know as I'll be more than happy to follow through for you and see what we have going on!