Dish Network / repeated unauthorized charges
About six months ago, my son and daughter-in-law discovered they had unauthorized PPV charges (adult movies) on their statement. This had happened several months in a row and weren't noticed because the bill was received and paid electronically (lesson learned -- always check your statement/charges). Anyway, they called DISH customer service and told them they didn't purchase the movies and was told that they HAD to have made the purchases. My dau-in-law told them over and over that the charges were on dates/times that they weren't even home and on one occasion they were even out of town! After going through several customer service reps and their supervisors they finally agreed to remove "some" of the charges but would not give them credit for all of them. DISH reps advised my dau-in-law to set up a code so this could not happen again. Since that time, my dau-in-law has set up a code so that ANY PPV movie purchased would have to have the code entered. Well, now another PPV charge has appeared on her bill and SHE is the only one that knows the code; even my son doesn't know it! So, she called them again, explaining what happened, and they told her that because she had set-up the code she "agreed to not dispute any charges". WHAT??!! Needless to say she was very upset. She talked to the reps supervisor and bottom line is they basically called my dau-in-law a liar.
Something MUST be done about all of the unauthorized charges that are appearing on customers' statements. This is wrong!! And when you call to complain and/or try to get something straightened out you are treated horribly; nobody deserves to be treated that way.....especially when they are purchasing services from the company. Whatever happened to "customer service"?
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - customer service
- Dish Network Driver - driving skills
- Dish Network / Dish.com - customer loyalty
- Dish Network / Dish.com - tv channels taken away all the time only ones we watch
- Dish Network / Dish.com - new service installation