Dish Network / fraud by their use of the Elephant Group

I received a flyer in the mail that I thought was from Dish Network. They were offering promotions that I liked so I called the number thinking I was talking to Dish Network. They even answered the phone Dish Network.

I was instead talking to the Elephant Group with out my knowledge. They took my credit card number for installation and first month billing. I was authorizing Dish Network for use of the credit card, I didn't know I was giving info to a telemarketer!

I later find charges on my credit card billing statement for Block buster on line and Member Services. Came to about $40 for both a month. I called the number on the statement for Member Services and find out it is called E Club.

The Elephant Group had given them my credit card number with out my authorization! I have found out all this info from numerous calls to Dish Network and Via Satellite (installer of the Dish equipment)

Dish Network is very aware of the Elephant Group's practice since this has been going on for years but they will deny any knowledge of anything or responsiblity for anything.

But they hired them and they know they are impersonating themselves as Dish Network and by fraud getting info from Dish Network customers to sell.

The Elephant Group also told me they had vacation incentive packages sent to my home so I know they sold my address to those companies.

I am terrified my indenty is going to be stolen as this personal info is being sold all over and outside the country.

It is all very deceiving and they should be shut down for fraud. I have cancelled my credit card immediately so they do not sneak in more charges and disputing all the current charges. I have also sent a complaint to Federal Consumer Protection and Consumer Protection of VA and the BBB of CO against Dish Network.

When I made calls to the Elephant Group they are extremely rude. I asked them to stop selling my personal info and they said I do not know what I am talking about and will continue to do so.

Some one has got to shut this deceptive telemarketing group down!

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com