Dish Network / fraud and overcharging!

United States Review updated:
Signed a written 18 month contract with Dish on 6/8/07. I paid $49.99 as activation fee with written term it would be refunded on my first bill.

My written contract was $44.00 per month.

Instead, my first bill was $145 for the first two months and they charged me again for the $49.99 "activation fee" for a total of $175.00, when I should have been charged $88 for the first 2 months MINUS the $49.99 activation fee REFUND for a total bill of $38 -- NOT $175. I phoned 3 times, was put on hold for 45 minutes (so you'll hang up and give up) told them this was contract FRAUD, and they were rude and did not listen and refused to correct the bill. They also told me I had to print out and send in a "rebate form" or I would be charged $54.00 per month when my contract says $44. I said zero "rebate" requirement is on my written contract, it was a full contract wherein all terms must be fully disclosed, and I was not going to take my valuable time to do anything NOT ON THE CONTRACT. Two billing flunkies and 2 supervisors were rude and refused and I hung up.

Additionally, the installer was supposed to be at my home at 8AM and did not arrive until 7PM after wasting my entire day waiting and having to phone them repeatedly to ask when, if ever, they were going to get there.

I am going to pay what I owe and not a cent more. If they send me another FRAUDULENT BILL or cut off my service I will sue them in Small Claims for the maximum $7500 for fraud, for denial of service and breach of contract, for my hours of time on the phone, and for my time waiting for the installer and for punitive damages. This is OUTRIGHT FRAUD!!! An attorney could make a great class action suit. We should do it. Direct TV was just as bad, overcharging every month.

DO NOT LET THEM BILL YOU AUTOMATICALLY!!! They charged one woman's credit card $575 fraudulently.

A  21st of Aug, 2014 by
Dish ripped me off also
A  1st of Sep, 2014 by
This company has stolen from my family to

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com