Direct TV / how to at least get back unauthorized direct tv early termination charges

Direct TV
I had to cancel my Direct TV early due to a divorce. I wasnt even at the home when it was installed honestly. But about a month after the early cancellation they made unauthorized charges on my bank acct for $488. I was so pissed. My bank told me to wait till it posted as it was a Saturday and only pending and then do a charge back but being that Direct TV will always come back with the "you signed a contract and couldnt start service with us without it even though i didnt sign it i wasnt home and they always do a verbal agreement by phone too which included early termination and they always take your debit or cc card information before starting service. Sneaky. Also if you pay with a debit or cc they store it on file. I knew fighting it with Bank Of America would result in the charges being put back on my account eventually as being correct so I had to fight it. I researched and found this alternate number to call [protected]. Best thing I did in my case.
I explained that I was getting divorced and had to cancel early. Where I moved I didnt need Direct TV as my family had cable already. So the nice customer service rep put my account in suspension mode for 6 months and gave me back as much money as they could. Because I did leave with a balance they took it out and are sending me the rest back within 3 to 7 business days to my card. I can and will have the service restored when I move into my own place later. It at least will recover most of my money. I will get a new debit card after i get my money back. Hope it helps. They can suspend service to help put off fees so try it before cancelling. At least it buys time.
Aug 4, 2015