Direct TV / destroyed my credit rating

Direct TV
My company moves me and as a result, I went from one account to another. Instead of transferring the service a new account was issued, therefore they charged me $197 for breaking the contract, even though I have been with them the entire time. I was never contacted and it went into collections and as a result my credit rating went from 715 to 623, as a result of thier neglect. Dispite the fact that I have proven that I have been with them in excess of the 2 year contract, they refuse to reverse the charges and I have found myself at a dead end. My only option is small claims court. walk away or continue to dispute through the Credit Agencies (Experian & Transunion). The time and energy I have spent on this is exausting! Bottom line...they are fat cats that know they can get away with this and so they do. My contract is up in November of this year and I will certainly end my contract with them. Whatever you do...DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH

A  17th of Sep, 2014 by
I agree! Dealing with Directv is exhausting, their customer service is pathetic, you have to go through a dozen people before you get lucky and get one that is not a total idiot, I also refused to pay a charge that is unjustified and now it is on my credit report.

Directv is the worst company I ever had the misfortune of dealing with, they are thieves and should not be allowed to have an input on anyone's credit report. it should be illegal!

DirecTV Logo DirecTV