Direct TV / cancellation fee on non existing contract
Today I cancelled my direct TV service because frankly, the service is interrupted everytime it rains and Direct TV advertisements are so much louder than the rest of the programming that we must have the remove close by to mute the ads.
So when I called to cancell, they advised me that I have to pay untill 210 because when I activated their service their terms of service say that it is a two year contract.
I have asked for a copy of a signed agreement where I agreed to a two year contract and they of course have none, because I would not have signed one. The go back to saying that when I activated I automatically agreed to a two year contract.
Of cousrse what will happen next is that Direct TV will send me a bill, I will refuse to pay it on the basis that I did not agreed to a contract, next they will give the "Froudualent Bill" to a collection company who will file a collection notice on my credit report in order to damage my credit and force me to pay. I will send the entire process to my attorneys and they will contact the collection company.
I have instructed my attorneys to file legal proceedings if necessary.
The important thing here is that Direct TV is in financial trouble and is going trying to force costumers to stay with them even if the have to beat them up fiancially. The days of the thug with a baseball bat are gone, now comapnies use froudulant documents lawyers and collectors to do their wor.
I will keep you posted on my fight with Direct TV.
PS: If there are many other people out there that have had this kind of issues with Direct TV, there may be grounds for a Class Acction Case against them.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - New Insatalled, Tech not show up
- DirecTV - Unable to get channel 5, NBC
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept