Direct TV / verbal contracts!

38285 N. Sheridan Rd Lot # 154Beach Park, IL, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 224-538-1734
I signed up for DirecTv in August of 2006. I was told on the phone that I would have a one year contract and that I would own all of the equipment at the end of the contract. I have had their "works when it wants" service for one year and 5 months, and I still don't own the receivers. I called DirecTV and they told me that I received a copy of the contract, with my first bill, stating that the receivers are lease only, and I never received anything but the bill every month. I was also informed that I have an 18 month agreement, not a year, like I was told when I ordered the service. My 18 month contract should be up this month, but according to DirecTV, it's not up until April, because I added another receiver, which I owned. According to them, adding a receiver that I owned, was upgrading. I was told that if I wanted to keep the receivers, that I have had for almost a year and a half, I would have to pay $150.00 for each one. I am also getting charged for a receiver that I got from my mother, which was paid off. I have never received or signed a contract with them, but they claim that I made a verbal contract when I ordered the service. I have contacted them, and I received an e-mail back pretty much telling me too bad and deal with it. I was told that just before I got my service in August 2006, they changed their policy and made it so that you could only lease the receivers. You could own them, only if you paid $150.00 per receiver. I called them two days ago and all of a sudden their policy changed back to owning and not leasing. So, for a just a year, you had to either lease them or pay for them. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and my attorney regarding the matter. I have played my last game with DirecTV. All of their employees are incompetent, including the supervisors. I am telling everyone that I know not to take Directv. Their service sucks, when it actually comes in. If my husband farts too loud, I get a black screen on the TV. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!! I don't understand why there isn't a class action suit against them. If there was, I would be in on it, in a heartbeat.

Comments

Pi
  12th of Aug, 2014
Totally agree on their policy changes being unfair business practices and their verbal agreements not their contract agreements mean anything because they can change them at any time without notifying their customers of those changes. They do suck...they are not honest, nor are they of any moral standard. I will be first on a class action suit against these people, every last one of them.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV