Direct Star TV / Direc TV - Greenwood Village, CO / customer service is a joke!

Direct Star TV
www.directstartv.com

DirecTV
www.directv.com

On June 12, 2007 I placed an online order with Direct Star Tv for a package called the Directv Plus Package which offered the following:

185+ channels

Free DVR (DVR service included)

Free HBO Showtime and Cinemax for 3 months

Get everything for just $39.99 a month for 10 months

Free installation

Up to 4 rooms installed

The installation by Directstartv was very quick and efficient and I have no complaints about the installation which I had put in 2 rooms.

The trouble started when I questioned the first charge on my credit card by Directv.

The first bill was $71.22

The second bill was $58.82

The recent bill which I have just paid is $60.92

I have called and sent emails to Customer Service but the answers I get do not make any sense. I was given the new customer credit of $10 a month for 12 months, but the extra $10 a month for 10 months is in dispute. The last email sent to me stated that I did not qualify because I purchased the equipment from a dealer who was not a participating Directv dealer - even though on the web site Direct Star Tv advertise that it is a Directv preferred online retailer.

I am also questioning the 6% Indiana Sales Tax which is applied.

On the first bill of $71.22 I was charged $6.24

On the $58.82 I was charged $3.84

On the $60.92 I was charged $5.94

I checked with the Indiana Dept of Revenue and received an email from them, telling me that sales tax would be charged on the total balance due.

I cannot get Directv to answer my questions about the original offer that I signed up for, and the discrepancy in the billing, or the sales tax issue.

Customer service is a joke - they are very nice in the emails and on the phone, but nothing gets solved, and each time I inquire, my inquiry is answered by a different person with a totally different answer.

I am now seriously considering cancelling my Directv service. I consider the whole process that I was enticed into by the online offer as a bait and switch operation.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      4th of Dec, 2008

Well, I signed up through the Direct Star TV too! Only two weeks ago to find out that the person whom I spoke with on the phone offered me a premier package at 62.99 for 24 months that is not even a offer. so, now i am stuck with an $18 dollar credit for 12 months and $35 credit for the first three months and then the package shoots back up. This was certainly not what I was offered on the phone and not what i bargained for. Upon calling Direct tv, they sent me back to Direct Star TV that only answers the phone if you are a customer interested in purchasing and if not, they send you right back to Direct Tv who cannot help you to resolve the issue. So, they say I am stuck with the service for 2 year unless I pay out at $480 when I was told orginally that I had 60 days to make up my mind if I would like to keep the service. Unfortunately, I was scammed and will have to figure out what to do next. But one things for sure, after 2 years or finding my way out of this mess, never again with Direct TV!