Direct Energy / error in billings

1 Whitby, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I received my monthly bill at the end of April with charges that were not mine. i called Enbridge right away and was advised that it was not their charges, but charges from Direct Energy. I then called direct energy and they told me that the charges were from Enbridge. I called Enbridge a second time and again they tell me that the charges are from Direct Engery. They then put a note in their system that direct energy would be able to read and know that the charges were theirs. I again call Direct Energy and was told that they could not find my account in their system to look up what i was telling them. After quite some time on hold, the lady proceeds to re enter my information in her system. She then advises me that service explanation request has been put in and that someone would call me back within 2 days to let me know what the extra charges to my account are for. After a few hours, a lady calls me back apologizing about the extra charges and explains that a service call done to a house three houses beside me was billed to my address instead of their address. On top of the service repair call charge of $201.00, they decided to add on the heating protection plan of $20.99 of which i already have on my bill in my "total home protection plan". To make a longer story short, the charges have still not been reversed three months later, I've been speaking to supervisors every month when i get my bills and to this day, nothing has been resolved. I did get a new piece of information today from Dana, a supervisor who I've managed to speak with on more than one occasion and she's advised me that after investigating my situation, she's found that I've been entered in their system THREE TIMES!! She advised that each time i was told that the credits were being made, they were being made to the accounts that i apparently was not getting billed for. she assured me that everything would be fixed on my next bill (I've received three bills with the same errors) and if not, to give her a call and she's make sure to fix it.

Li

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2008

I agree i am totally mad at this retailer. My bills, for once i forgot to pay on time. Now its such a GRAND hassle to pay my bills. I help my uncle, who cant speak english very well to pay, first off they need voice verification that i can speak upon his behalf. My uncle could barely mutter gibberish in english and she went on for 5 minutes saying sorry i dont understand. Then i took the phone and said he cant speak english but i can speak upon his behalf. And out of the blue she says very rusely, sorry i was talking to HIM. Then i wait a bit more until she finaly understands our problem and we try to pay with our credit card. MY uncles credit card did not go through something was wrong. So i asked if i can use my credit to pay for him now. The Customer service representative whos name was Shannon says that we are not allowed to do that. Then she asked whos name the credit card is under. I said it was under my name, then she said she felt threatened and uncomfortable that theres more people there. There was only 2 of us and that did not make any sense to us. We called several more times with different service representatives but they all failed. We gave up payin g and waited another week and we got a late fee.
    In the end i found out that i could have paid it through the bank. At least they believe stranger bank tellers over the real owners.
    Dam them all.

• Je
      6th of Mar, 2009

I hate Direct Energy. I just called the automated system and it says I owe 626.30 for current charges. I've never had a bill much higher than 200.00, even when i ran the air conditioning nonstop. It's funny to me because I live in a two bedroom downstairs apartment and have been here foe four months and not had a problem like this period. If they don't fix my bill I'm going to sue the pants off of them.