Direct Energy / natural gas and electricity

1 Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

Date of complaint July, 24, 2017
Account # [protected]

I am the daughter of the current account holder. My father was rushed overnight to the University of Alberta hospital to receive a transplant, during this time I have been looking after his bills. I made a mistake while paying the bills and the electricity to their house was going to/or was being cut off. I needed to find out why, thankfully during this time my father was not hooked up to life support as I could not get any information in regards to what was going on with his account. I called, and afterwards my father called to add my name to the account so I could speak to a representative about the issue, he did not have a pleasant phone call with whom he spoke too, but at the end he apparently added my name. The result of the inititial phone call my father had resulted in an elevated blood pressure, he was in tears and felt as though he was being scammed was left feeling helpless. I said I would call back and find out what was going on. So i did, approximately an hour after his phone call with direct energy which resulted in me not being able to speak to anyone as no one had added my name to the account. Due to the incompetence of your customer care representatives, I asked if they could speak to the individual that my father had spoke to as he/she did not do what she was supposed to do.
This situation has still not been resolved as I have to get my already upset father to call again.
When it comes to these stressful situations in ones life, your employees are not emphatic, compassionate, or useful. If the result of this situation results in my father having a heart attack, or more complications it very well could be direct energy's fault. Are you taking advantage of people in their sickened state to gain more money? I will tell you from my experience, as a long time direct energy customer myself you definitely do nothing to make the situation any easier. I just wanted my parents house to remain in working order, without any additional costs. I am disgusted, and infuriated at the lack of professional your employees have.

Co