Direct Energy / harrassing phone call

PO Box 650272Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

We recently switched to a green provider after several years as a customer of Direct Energy. In that time we paid all of our bills and were good customers. Over the weekend we received a phone call from an auto-dialer asking us to call some 800# without identifying who it was from, so we didn't call back. Yesterday we got our final bill from Direct Energy saying that we had to pay it by 09/22 or it would go to collections. So I mailed the payment. Today my husband gets a phone call threatening collections on the bill that isn't even due yet. The discussion did get heated and I won't even go into the details, but the two people he spoke to from their final billing department were rude and didn't care that we already paid. I have never been harrassed for not paying a bill before we receive it!

No matter what happens with our next provider we will never go back to Direct Energy and we will be sharing our experience with anyone that will listen. This is just outrageous that customers in good standing would be treated that way.
Va

Comments

Sh
  25th of Nov, 2009
Well, I got stung by the Direct energy scam! They now have taken me to collections so I guess they are getting away with this!
Po
  12th of Dec, 2009
I am disabled veteran housewife I am a heart patient and crippled and have fell getting to phone. this number
866-705-4336 from direct energy. calls me every day about every five minutes all day and if hubby picks up phone won't talk to him. hangs up on him even if we paid they still harass after first month next year we are leaving company.
when that doesn't work then she uses private number too and harasses you even if paid. This company lied from us at beginning. Don't join them they are like having mafia in your life or an unwanted spouse there to torture you every minute. In fact they are more worse than the mafia.
God Bless Ya
Poet Dorothy
  3rd of Sep, 2010
Yes it happened to us. We changed to another company and Direct Energy sent our final bill to a collection agency. When I called them, Direct Energy, they told me that since we were no longer a customer with them, they have the right to send the final bill to a collection company. We got calls from that collection company starting 9AM - 8PM every hour on the hour. I paid the final bill off on Direct's site, but the calls kept coming. After a few choice words with this collection company, they had the nerve to tell me it takes 6 months before their books are cleared as the bill being paid since I didn't go thru them and they will continue to call. I need to find out if I can final a complaint for harrasment.

Direct Energy Logo Direct Energy