Direct Buy / Poorest quality and broken furniture!

You must pay $4000.00 up front to join Direct Buy. You are supposed to get the same quality furniture that is sold in the stores. Instead they send the seconds,the poorest quality, and the broken pieces.

I received a love seat that was broken underneath, a couch where the wicker pieces were cracked and now the wicker reeds are breaking off.

My dining room table that has a leaf was sent with one piece of glass to fit the table when it seats six. When the leaf is in the glass top obvious does not fit a table for eight. Also the leaf does not fit this table. It is unusable. It was made for another table.

When they do return my call which is about 1 in 20 calls they say they are going to do something about it but they never do.

I ordered this in May and they lost it en route. I received this furniture in September. It is guaranteed to be here in 60-90 days.

Va

Comments

Va
  28th of Dec, 2006

In general, direct buy items such as electronics and appliances are available locally at or near the same prices, only ordering through direct buy you have to wait for weeks to receive your item and pay for shipping and handling, then pick it up at the direct buy warehouse. On blinds and window treatments, they require a fee paid person to measure your windows, plus a trip fee, then they strongly suggest you have their installer go out, for another fee, and install the treatment.

If you need an item (appliance, electronics, or equipment) quickly, forget it! You have to order, wait for it to be shipped to the direct buy warehouse, then arrange for it to be picked up and delivered to you. The savings doesn't outweigh the inconvenience! If you have an refrigerator or washer breaks down completely) you will have to buy locally and forget your ability to buy at a discount through direct buy.

I have made several efforts to use the direct buy system, that for the first three years of buying privileges will cost me $4995.00, and my attempts have all resulted in making my purchases locally, at substantial savings.

I am very disappointed in my decision to sign a contract with direct buy and would advise anyone entering any binding agreement to not do it quickly. Direct buy tells you that when you have completed the presentation and are offered the membership, you must sign up right then or forfet the opportunity for seven years. I am learning never to enter any contract if it requires immediate commitment.

Ja
  26th of Jul, 2008

My two cents, , I have been a DirectBuy member for 3yrs and people who criticize DiretBuy normally aren’t member, the place is designed for people who are true shoppers. Lumber and other comodites are not carried but if you are remodeling, funishing or buying your home its more than worth it! People come in doubting the cost prices DirectBuy is made for people who shop there are in each category many different supplies to choose from if you look, coming in one day and making a judgement is unfair you should join before you downplay DirectBuy.. Thank You

Di
  19th of May, 2009

DirectBuy doesn't know what a promise is nor do they have any customer service ethics.
Help spread the word...
A Federal Class Action lawsuit against DirectBuy has been filed by Izard Nobel LLP. Contact information is as follows
Lead Attorney - Jeff Nobel
email - jnobel@izardnobel.com
toll free phone# - (800) 797-5499
Please contact them so justice may prevail & we can get our hard earned money aka "membership fees" back.

Ca
  1st of Oct, 2009

Wow... My family has been with Directbuy for a couple years now and we love them... Everybody we ever come in to contact with is always very pleasant and helpful. Could mean we got the better store though, I am not sure. We've paid for wood flooring throughout. My crib mattress, fireplace tv console, just ordered the granite for my countertops... I wonder if these people are truely looking at prices and comparing apples to apples with other products... Sure we could have gone somewhere else and gotten cheaper wood flooring... Thats of course after you downgrade to the cheap crap that doesn't last. To the people that complain that it takes so long being in the store picking your things out of catalogues: You are IDIOTS--- you signed up knowing that everything is through catalogues. You know that they get it from the manufacturer.. How is it their fault that YOU decided to wait the last minute to get something remodeled b4 your special event. People complaining that the furniture takes too long-- OF COURSE you have to be patient! It's going through the manufacturer NOT through some warehouse with dozens of the same peices sit waiting to get purchased. Let me guess, you've never purchased a sofa set customized in a particular fabric or whatever before have you? Hmm.. Seems to me that these people have never done any kind of remodeling, and are used to getting things cookie-cutter that EVERYONE else has too.