Digital River Trend Micro / Unauthorized charges
Auto renewal, according to their customer service rep, is supposed to occur 1 week prior to expiration of internet protection service subscription. When I noticed the price of the renewal ($62.95), I decided to check the Trend Micro website myself. Digital River Inc. is the authorized reseller of Trend Micro software. I went directly to the Trend Micro website (www.trendmicro.com), and the same software was available to purchase for $39.95. I cancelled the policy they renewed for me at the higher price and purchased the lower priced package, and discovered my subscription did not expire until 12/22, and I could not do anything except destroy the current unexpired software in order to download the renewal. I would have lost a month of my subscription!
What a scam to think that so many people would allow this autorenewal at the higher price without checking, and unknowingly cut off a month of their current subscription upon downloading the software. The cost becomes $23 more than advertised on their website, plus the month loss equals $5.25, so your paying $28.25 more than you should unknowingly by their business practices.
I have used this company's software for years, and no longer will I give them my business.
Upon calling customer service, they reversed the charges, but would not comment on their practices other than to say they normally auto-renew one week prior to expiration.
More Digital River Trend Micro Complaints & Reviews
- www.DRI*DigitalRiver.com - Fraudulent charges! 
- Digital River Luxembourg - Unauthorized charges 
- Dri*digitalriver.com - Scam 
- Dri*digitalriver.com - unauthorized charge 
- Digital River International Luxembourg - Unauthorized use of credit card 
- Digital River - I did not order anything and my account has been hacked
- Digital River - unauthorised charge
- Digital River - unauthorised charge that has gone on to my account
- Digital River - unauthorised credit card deduction
- Digital River - digital river ireland sydney - credit card account deduction