Dick's Sporting Goods / both associates treated me with disrespect
I purchased some golf equipment and asked about shoes. The sales associate assisted me reluctantly. I needed an extra wide width. The associate tried to force my foot into a medium. When I said it was much too tight, he replied that the shoe would stretch. I disagreed, having gone that route before and the shoes blew out in a short time. When I asked if the shoes could be special-ordered, he said yes. As he was writing up the order, another associate became involved. That one stated that the shoes would be full price, $129.99, versus $99.99. So I said I felt I was being penalized for having a wide foot. The associate said discounted prices did not apply to special order.
Ironically, I had been in the store several days earlier and asked about ordering shoes. That associate assured me that the sale price applied. On top of this, I felt both associates treated me with disrespect. There was no 'I'm sorry, the sales price can't be applied to special orders' just a flat out 'no sales price'. A little common courtesy goes a long way in retail sales. I do not feel I got that at all.
More Dick's Sporting Goods Complaints & Reviews
- Dick's Sporting Goods/ Fusion 124 Kayak By Future Beach - bad product, worse service 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - return policy 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - return policy 
- Dicks Sporting Goods (Lodge) - very disorganized hr and training processes 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - customer service needs inprovement 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - customer service 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - items sold / customer service
- Dick's Sporting Goods - commercial
- Dick's Sporting Goods - ua c1n mc jr. black/blue-2.5
- Dick's Sporting Goods - bike