DHL / The leader in unreliable delivery!

I am a distributor and we use DHL as our Logistics carrier. I sent two packages out on Wednesday Dec 13, 2006. One to a company in state ground service and the other 2nd day in New Jersey. Instate delivery always is a next day turn around or so I thought. I got a call from my customer on Friday saying she has not received per package. When I tracked the package it showed that the package was in the town of delivery on the 14th (next day) but when I called to confirm delivery the tracking agent said that the package would not be delivered till Tuesday Dec 19th. She said since the package was sent ground there is no guarantee on the package. So I had to go to the post office and ship out another package next day service. So I lost another shipping charge and also the product involved. Now since the package shipped ground service there was no guarantee now what about the other package I shipped 2nd day air. That has a guarantee right. Well maybe with another carrier than DHL. The other package that was supposed to arrive on Friday. Everything was good until I got a call from my customer on Tuesday Dec 19th stating she has not received her package. Once again I proceeded to track the package. The package was in the delivery destination on the 15th like it was supposed to be but once again was not delivered. So much for the guarantee. And if you are looking for any help from the people on the phone or any of the customer service people good luck you’ll have a quicker time finding the Holy Grail. DHL has to be one of the worst carriers I have ever used. I think when they send me the bill I’ll send the payment through DHL.

A  27th of Dec, 2006 by
Definetly not worth sending mail with if you want no hassle these guys are cowboys.
A  12th of Feb, 2007 by
Damn I new something just didn't add up after 4 days of watching 22 tracking #'s on DHL'S tracking site...

The products were waiting on are hand made Tall Wood Sail Ships...

Total value worth over $20,000.00. I called D.H.L after the 5th day to find out why the movement was not being updated and or being inputted over and over...

S..T! 10 out of the 22 parcels showed they were still sitting in Fort Worth...on the 4th day of shipping, half of the other 12 showed they ran around in circles inside the facility OUT ONE DOOR AND BACK INSIDE thru another door, 3 or 4 times and they just posted it over and over for the hub down in WACO Tx....... The remainder still say they are being picked up... AND ITS NOW DAY 7......#@!#$#@!!!!!@#$!

What a Fu...d up joke... The CUSTOMER "CIRCUS" REP told me well.... Ummmmm...... Sometimes... we scan the parcel... into...the system..... and ummmm.. .. some times.....WE DONT!....dUUUHHHHH IT just depends on the person UUmmmmm... Duuuhhhhh .,... who is sitting their screwing off at the machine AND IF THEY FEEL LIKE SCANNING THEM!!!

I could not believe my f...ing ears!! You mean to tell me you’re the new people who are in competition with those f...ing CAVE MAN Commercials that Geico now produces.... only you’re the cave men???

You mean to tell me you’re the ones who invented the f...ing wheel but forgot to tell everyone else about it? And now your telling me that you DON'T KNOW what the f...ing HUB of the wheel even does???

F... DHL... Fedex it to me next time Texas!!

I'm afraid to even open the packages in fear of the damage I'll see........... 2007 AND its still the stone age...
A  22nd of Feb, 2007 by
DHL management should read "Fedex Delivers" by Madan Birla
A  23rd of Feb, 2007 by
I agree that DHL is unreliable. Maybe its good for Europe to Europe shipment. DHL can't compete with FedEx for USP. I am suppose to get a package from Amazon via DHL's 2nd Day. It came to my city (NYC) at 9:19am, but DHL could not deliver on the 2nd business because the driver went to make other delivery. It came late because of their lateness not mine.

Don't believe in DHL's "Guaranteed delivery by..."

Go with FedEx or UPS.