Delta Sky Miles American Express Card (Dsmec) / customer cheating

Hello Complaint Dept.,

I opened an account with Delta Sky Miles American Express Card (DSMEC) and was not informed that when I miss a payment, my account would be closed. I missed one payment in November 2007 and my account closed December 2007. My interest rate also increased very high.

The main reason I applied for this card in the first place was the attraction of the sky miles. I had not been with American Express for a very long time, but was accumulating sky miles. I knew I had a very important trip to take this February and was anticipating that the sky miles from this card would help. But I was not able to use the sky miles when I wanted to. I was informed that there is no way to restore the account. I am very upset and frustrated with American Express and feel like I was cheated.

Is there anything the government can do to help? Is this a way American Express or other credit card do to cheat customers? What can I do to stop this kind of scam from credit card corporations? .

Luka Yang

Va

Comments

10th of Dec, 2009

I was promised promotional miles with Delta after first purchase. Even though the charges for the purchases are shown on my statement, the American Express customer service says no purchase has been made!!! Their promotional information specifies 25, 000 miles, now they say it should be only 10, 000 miles and it takes 8 to 12 weeks, once I make my first purchase that has taken place already but they deny. The spririt of Madoff is alive and well!!!