Delta / use of my credit card without my permission
On December 11th I purchased 2 tickets (one reservation) via Orbitz for a flight on December 12th. When I realized I couldn't make the flight, I cancelled my reservation (both tickets) right away. Because I wanted to verify my cancelation I called orbitz who again verified that the reservation had been cancelled. I was refunded the entire amount of the tickets within 2 days($388.80).
On December 15th I recieved a charge on my bank statement from Delta Airlines for one ticket ($194.40) Delta had used my credit card information to charge me after I had been refunded for the tickets that I had cancelled within 24 hours of purchasing.
I have spoken to Delta who says they are investigating the problem, and will not refund my money until after the investigation; they say the investigation will take aproximately one month. Until then, the person whos name is on the ticket that Delta purchased with my credit card information, can use that ticket to fly, at wich point I will not receive my refund.
I currently have in my possession the cancelation confirmation (from Orbitz) and my bank statement showing the amout Delta has unrightfully deducted from my account. The ticket numbers, flight information, and the names of the Delta and Orbits employees I have spoken to; 4 different people on seperate dates who could not solve my problem or give me any answers.
-Alanna D. N.
More Delta Complaints & Reviews
- Delta Airlines - Selling companion/buddy passes 
- Delta Airlines - con artisit selling delta companion pass 
- Delta Airlines - personal items stolen out of luggage 
- Delta - Delta Skymiles Redemption 
- Delta Air Lines - Changing name on skymiles account 
- Delta Air Lines - lack of cutomer service when plane is cancelled
- Delta Air Lines - couldn't change flight
- Delta Airlines - staff
- Delta Air Lines - theft
- Delta - changed the flight times