Delta / use of my credit card without my permission

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

On December 11th I purchased 2 tickets (one reservation) via Orbitz for a flight on December 12th. When I realized I couldn't make the flight, I cancelled my reservation (both tickets) right away. Because I wanted to verify my cancelation I called orbitz who again verified that the reservation had been cancelled. I was refunded the entire amount of the tickets within 2 days($388.80).
On December 15th I recieved a charge on my bank statement from Delta Airlines for one ticket ($194.40) Delta had used my credit card information to charge me after I had been refunded for the tickets that I had cancelled within 24 hours of purchasing.
I have spoken to Delta who says they are investigating the problem, and will not refund my money until after the investigation; they say the investigation will take aproximately one month. Until then, the person whos name is on the ticket that Delta purchased with my credit card information, can use that ticket to fly, at wich point I will not receive my refund.
I currently have in my possession the cancelation confirmation (from Orbitz) and my bank statement showing the amout Delta has unrightfully deducted from my account. The ticket numbers, flight information, and the names of the Delta and Orbits employees I have spoken to; 4 different people on seperate dates who could not solve my problem or give me any answers.

-Alanna D. N.

Comments

• Al
      25th of Dec, 2010

My reservations were through Orbitz, both tickets were cancelled through Orbits for my Delta flights. Those tickets were purchased for me and a friend. The ticket that I was later charged for by Delta, wich I did not aprove was in the friends name.
    The problem is indeed with Delta because both Delta flights were cancelled and confirmed (through Orbitz); Then, two days after the flight (that I never took) I recieved a charge on my credit card from Delta, not Orbitz, for exactly half the amount of the reservation (one flight).

I've spoken with Orbitz and Delta who are saying that "somehow the reservation was divided" Orbitz says they donot have permission to do that, and Delta is saying they will investigate. Either way, this is a problem with the companies, not me. My reservations were cancelled in a timely maner and accordind to their own pollicies which clearly state that a reservation cancelled within 24 hours of booking will be entirely refunded. I recieved verifacation of that. I spoke to a customer service rep. immediately after cancelling my reservation online who confirmed my cancellation and I recieved an email cancelation notification which clearly states that I will be receiving $388.80 which I did.

If Delta didn't allow cancellations, they would have charged me for both tickets then no? (both tickets, one reservation, on the same flight with the same airline on the same date) And then why wouldn't they have just responded with a "we do not accept cancellations, that is why your account has been charged; you may use your ticket in the future" in at least in one of my phone calls to them?

25th of Dec, 2010

That ticket also had the same Ticket number and name as the original wich is how I know it was not someone who stole my credit card information. It had to be Delta.

25th of Dec, 2010

Thanks for the advise.. this has been a huge source of extreme fruestration with me.

28th of Dec, 2010

Delta Refunded my money today; problem solved.