Delta Airlines / pricing bait and switch

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I am very upset with Delta Airlines. I used their preferred means of booking a ticket via the internet and was provided via their website a fare of 545 euro which converted to $712. I went to purchase and it would not allow the purchase. I made a pdf of the pages and also the weblink. I then called the internet desk for Delta and told them the situation. They got a fare of 712 euro or $890 and said this was the only fare they would allow. I said I had proof from their own website on the pricing and that I could send. They said we don't accept proof only what we can have in our system. I said that is wrong and as I have a price from their site they should honor it and they refused. This is completely unethical business practice and I have over a million miles on skyteam their alliance. I have been facing these problems more and more in the past year and it is UNACCEPTABLE the way they treat their loyal flyers I have been platinum for 15 years so I don't even want to consider how they treat leisure flyers. Delta you are a terrible company and why should we ever feel sorry when you have financial difficulty!

Comments

• Li
      13th of Aug, 2009

I had the same problem I purchased tickets and got confirmation just days before we where suppose to fly. Detla sent the reminder. When we got to the airport they said that they had not processed my credit card and I have to now pay the higher fare then the one I got qoute weeks before. I even had seat numbers been in a mood to just get on the plane I then paid it but I have been complaining for a year now and no response. It was an expensive lesson but now I know not to fly delta.

• Sm
      9th of Oct, 2013

I got Bait and Switched by Delta and by Expedia today. Round trip to Cincinnati on the 18th, return the 21st, advertised at about $689. Then, after all the seating and billing info is entered, and you press BUY, the price becomes $808.
    How do they get away with cheating and deceiving customers with this dishonesty??