Delta Airlines / Delta bumps your bags

Be careful if you fly on Delta because if the plane is too heavy, the people who checked in first will have their bags left behind. We came early, had only one light bag each and had a simple flight for JFK to ATL. However, while people with giant boxes made of duct tape that were probably 75 lbs were walking off with their needless luggage, our clothes were left at JFK.

After waiting at the carousel for a long time (the bags did not come out for 30 minutes, then it took 15 minutes for the process to complete minus our bags...) we went to baggage claims along with about 5 other people. The rude and unapologetic woman in there tells me matter of fact like I should have known better that my bags were being loaded on the next flight! umm well I thought bags are supposed to come on your flight! Plus if they knew that this was the case, they should have sent someone over to tell the people there so I would not have to make my driver wait 45 minutes!

So I was told that we would have our bags delivered to our hotel later that night... Ok no harm. Well needless to say it is the next morning and I am still wearing the clothes from yesterday and my fiancée had to go to a meeting in the same state. We arrived late on a Sunday so it was not possible to buy clothes and we were told we would have our luggage last night.

This is unacceptable as Delta should have did anything possible to have our bags here last night as they are the ones that left our bags behind purposely because they overbook flights.

Va

Comments

• 58
      26th of Oct, 2010

Very Untrue. In fact, [censor], the first bags to go are the ones that you [censor]s pack up to 100+lbs. i mean who needs more than 50lbs of pure CRAP?! if the plane is overweight what do you expect? for the airline to pull everyones bag off except yours? actually they should do that, pull everyone off the plane as well, delta airlines should SOLEY CATER TO YOUR NEEDS AND WANTS AND NO ONE ELSE'S.