Delta Air Lines — do not ever fly delta, stupid at its peak
I booked a flight from SFO to Dublin, Ireland by way of Atlanta on Delta. I spoke with the reservations department as did the travel agent from Quinn Travel (San Francisco, CA). We were told that I could bring my small cat as carry-on provided I obtain the proper health certificates.
I did all that was required and had all paperwork with me but was still refused boarding on the plane. The first "issue" was that the hard-side carrier was too large for carry on with a pet. The size of the carry on was well within the limits of regular carry on but I was made to purchase a soft-side carrier for the trip. (By William J at SFO) After I had done that I was told that Ireland would not accept pets from in the cabin travel and that my cat must travel as cargo. Then I was told that Ireland had an embargo against pets traveling into the country from May to September 15, 2009.
I am out a great deal of expense due to Deltas misinformation and lack of professionalism.
I MUST take my cat back to the vet at least twice for the health certifiates to be re-done for international travel. The USDA certificate within 10 days of departure and the domestic certificate between 24 and 48 hours of departure.
I e-mailed the pets and agriculture office at Dublin, Ireland and was told by that government official THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN EMBARGO!!!
I am severely inconvenienced as I am trying to move to Ireland and am currently stuck here. I have no income as I am relocating and this delay is a financial hardship.
DO NOT EVER FLY DELTA. STUPIDITY AT ITS PEAK!!
More Delta Air Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Delta Airlines - selling companion/buddy passes 
- Delta Airlines - con artisit selling delta companion pass 
- Delta Airlines - personal items stolen out of luggage 
- Delta Air Lines - changing name on skymiles account 
- Delta - delta skymiles redemption 
- Delta Air Lines - pilot scott w smith
- Delta Airlines - frustration
- Delta Airlines - stolen lost items 
- Delta Airlines - customer service! negligence
- Delta Air Lines - stolen items from checked bags