Dell / ripped off

UT, United States Review updated:

I was just ripped off by Dell. Can anyone recommend a course of action ofr recourse?
The Dell laptop we have is not keeping charge, we call Dell they tell us we need a new battery ofr the laptop, we purchase the new battery at at price of $192, we call them within the week after we received it and let them know the battery is still not charging the laptop, so they tell us we now need an adapter. Since their price was too high we bought an adapter elsewhere and tried that, we tried it ofr awhile but still does not work. When we called Dell back to tell them nothing is working and we want to return the $192 battery they sold us on they said it is past the return policy period of 21 days, I told them we called the week we got ti to let Dell know it does not work. They said the phone call on record was about an adapter. So they lied or never logged in why we called about the battery not working. Bottom line now they will not exchange or return the battery that is absolutely useless to us now.Never worked, and is a trash product just like the rest of Dell products.

Question: what recourse do I have?

Kl

Comments

• Kl
      19th of Mar, 2012

Question: what recourse do I have?

• 1r
      19th of Mar, 2012

I have been trying to get service and a decent Dell product for a LONG time and can reiterate many of your complaints to an even much higher tune of money. I just found a Consumer site I am going to try called Consumer Complaint Agency.org that is non-governmental and non attorney but looks out for consumers as strength in numbers. I feel the more complaints they get the better off we may all be as supposedly this company works on consumer issues? There is Better Business Bureau online complaints, Consumer Protection through your state, maybe even Ralph Nader. I'm going to try all of them, including my State and local representatives. The more we yell the squeaky wheels will hopefully get the grease (and satisfaction?). Also, ask for the person you get on the phone's supervisor, sometimes that helps. I looked at the Better Business Bureau's log of complaints against Dell and there are PLENTY on there. Why they get by with this stuff I'd like to know. If we all stick together maybe we can get it worked out to our advantages. Good luck!

• 1r
      19th of Mar, 2012

Sorry, i just found out the Consumer Complaint Agency charges $25 to submit the complaint. Not doing that.