Delhi Passport Office / Indefinite Delay in passport dispatch!

1 India Review updated:

I had applied for passport oin 5/5/2007(App Number:Z092726 ). The status on 1st week of July was that the passport would be dispatched on by 14th of July 2007.
However, since then it has been getting delayed every week dues to "Unavoidable Circumstances" for the last two months. Least what can be done is letting us know these "unavoidable circumstances" which are causing the passport delivery to get delayed almost indefinitely. Similar Thoughts would be echoed be many others who had applied for passport after 3rd May 2007.

I have posted my concerns a few times on the grievance link provided on the passport status page but so far I am yet to receive any response.

More Delhi Passport Office Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Su
  21st of May, 2008

I applied my Application for passport on 12 Nov 2007. But My Passport has not been dispatched by now. Earlier I could have seen my passport status on internet by using My File reference number but Now I can not see. Please dispatched my passport as soon as possible.

Thanks
Surender Soni
File reference number -- h019883

Vi
  9th of Jul, 2008

I applied for passport in july 07
Till the date cant get passport

Ro
  4th of Sep, 2008

i had applied for the fresh passport with ur office reference no. M-015147/05.But i could not received my passport yet now i have completed all the formalities related to my passport and subbmitted all the documents at ur office, so plzzzz reply me why r u dellaying my passport.thankz

La
  26th of Sep, 2008

I have applied for my son passport on 23/06/2008 and Police verification is also done after 15 days of application but the thing is that i still haven't received passport. My application no is Z101867 dt 23/06/2008. Status still coming as police report is clear. Application is under process.. need to now how much more time will it take. It has been three months now.

Ka
  1st of Nov, 2008

Hi Sir/Madam,

This is to bring to your kind notice that I have applied for a passport on 2nd June’08. I have visited the passport office twice but I have failed to get a satisfactory response from the passport office. The status shows pending on the website as well as on the data base with the official but doesn’t specify the reason for the same. It’s an inconvenience to visit the passport office and doesn’t get a proper response. I have cleared the police verification way back but don’t have any clue of the status of the passport after that. My passport file number is A020580 and I have applied for it from Delhi.

I would really appreciate any effort from your end and would request you to respond at kanika_mahajan479@yahoo.co.in with a status of my passport as a delay in it is ceasing a lot of opportunities that I am coming across.

Kanika Mahajan

Ne
  7th of Nov, 2008

Hi,
I need my passport on urgent basis latest by 15 Nov, 2008 as I have to apply for my L1 visa for my work permit next week. I am working in HCL TECHNOLOGIES LTMD., Noida
I have applied my Application for passport on 11 September, 2008 at Hudco Trikoot-3 Bhikaji Cama Place, R.K.Puram. Police verification is already clear but My Passport has not been dispatched by now. I could see my passport status on internet which is showing police report is clear and application is under process since last one month. My File reference number is A037007. (Belongs to Delhi) Please dispatch my passport as soon as possible. Can I get it directly form RK puram Office?
Kindly please help me soon

Neelu Tyagi

Sh
  8th of Nov, 2008

hey man!!..
dis is india..
everythin is possible here..
even me wiatin for my passport since 3 monthz...itz under process...
hell govt..

Gu
  26th of Aug, 2009

I applied for my wife's passport on 19th JAN 2009 and details are as follows:-

File Reference Number : DLH-Z480092-09 Application Date : 19-01-2009
Applicant's Name : VARSHA ANTIL Applicant's Date of Birth : 05-10-1978

It has been more than 9 months and we have not received the passport yet. There is no status update available online as well. Earlier the online status was "Application is pending for want of Police Report" but now the status column is empty. I have written to rpo.delhi@mea.gov.in but did not get any reply and also nobody is picking Tele-enquiry: 26160687, 26174118 numbers.

Kindly Help.
Gurdeep Antil

De
  16th of Sep, 2009

My File No. is Z 039089 DTD. 27/8/09,

REGRET TO FIND THE STATUS OF MY PASSPORT DELIVERY AFTER THE POSITIVE POLICE VERIFICATION . pLS SUGGEST THE WEBSITE OR MAIL ID TO WHICH I WILL CONFIRM MY POSSPORT STATUS OR INQUIRY.

Pls suggest me the exact way to know the status.

Applied Name : Rastogi, Deepak Kumar

Ma
  5th of Mar, 2010

Dear Sir

applied for my wife's passport on 19th JAN 2009 and details are as follows:-

File Reference Number : DLH-a056710 Application Date : 28-10-2009
Applicant's Name:- MANVENDRA SINGH Applicant's Date of Birth : 20-12 1985

It has been more than 5 months and we have not received the passport yet. There is no status update available online as well. Earlier the online status was "Application is under process, police report is clear" but now the status column is empty. I have written to rpo.delhi@mea.gov.in but did not get any reply and also nobody is picking Tele-enquiry: 26160687, 26174118 numbers.

Kindly Help.
manvendra singh

Ka
  3rd of Dec, 2010

Dear Sir, I am kajal chawla I have applied for passport on Dt. 10th august 2010. My File Reference No.is DLH-A048381-10. My Date of Birth is 19.09.1978 On Passport website my status is showing police report is clear. Application is under process. The above message is showing from a long time but still I have not received my passport. Please resolve my problem as soon as possible. I will be highly obliged. Hope in positive response. Thanks & regards; kajal chawla. Cell No. ...09818428402