Menu
VitalChek Network company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

148 complaints
64 resolved 84 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by VitalChek Network customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of VitalChek Network. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
4:39 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VitalChek Network - Death Certificate x 2 applications Question Reference # 220623-000012

NOTE we are Thai888 Law Company and Abroad Funerals Thailand. Over 1 year ago I paid for a DC to complete a probate case in Thailand. I filled out all the forms as best we could, being in Thailand and not in California as the forms stated. My company notarised all the docs. Also I was POA for the wife of the deceased and that was notarised. The correct forms were used and the number was on the top of the page. 145085531

I was then informed that Thai Notaries are not accepted. However my online application was also expired and so I couldnt upload or chat.

After pointing out the anomalies of being forced to use a standard form that demands we fill in where in California we live etc. I was advised that as we are in Thailand that a special provision for a "sworn statement" made at the US Embassy Consulate in Bangkok Thailand was necessary. We had to make an appointment months in advance. As the deceaseds wife was the applicant she needed to go and it was a 6 hour trip from her village and she did not speak English and therefore I had to send one of our lawyers. The forms were all filled out with the VitalChek number on top.

The Korean Notary at the US Embassy said the VitalChek form us unacceptable and that we were forced to, on the spot write the sworn statement in English on her form. Your form was rejected.

We filled out the sworn statement and then the Korean Notary signed it and stamped it by embossing the paper.

As my application had expired I made a new one and paid again. I then scanned the sworn statement and sent all the docs off again. Stephanie O was the case officer and said she couldnt read the embossed stamp and then rejected my application. I scanned it at 300DPI and 600DPI and sent it again and it was rejected again. I must have sent it 20 times in different ways. I then took a picture on my phone and sent it. The embossed stamp clearly seen as i had angled the paper.

Several of my emails to Vitalchek showing the required doc are rejected again and again and no "real" reasons for this. Its like Im dealing with an AI. There is no help or direction just rejection.

The widow is a poor Thai lady that lives in a village, she has borrowed money form all in the hope that when she gets the DC I can then go to the Thai Bank and get the funds released to her. However we have been getting the runaround for over a year now and so I have resorted to complaining to you

Please help - regards kelvin CEO Thai888 Law

Desired outcome: All we want is the Death Certificate of Mr Donald Ratcliffe so we can complete work in Thailand

3:23 pm

VitalChek Network - Ordered two death certificates

Ordered two death certificates on May 16, 2022. Paid an additional agency expedite fee of $7.00. Not only have I not received what I ordered, they were never even shipped. I have talked to both Oregon Vital Records and Vital Chek and been given conflicting stories. How hard is it do just do what you promised?

Desired outcome: I want my documents and I want the expedite fee refunded.

S
10:57 am

VitalChek Network - Order birth certificate

Site is sexist and customer service asks personal questions that don't pertain to the question asked. It asks for the mothers maiden name only and not the "Fathers" maiden name.

Yes, sometimes the mothers last name is taken.

Also, same sex couples (for now) are to be treated equally and may both be on the birth certificate of a child. Vital records does not provide this option

Desired outcome: change the form that is filled out

P
12:29 pm

VitalChek Network - birth certificate

I received a certified copy of someone else's birth certificate & notified Viatalchek by phone of the error the same day. Was advised order would be immediately resubmitted & reprocessed. Never happened. Have called 3 times. Website Order Update page indicates ordered processed & delivered--obviously referring to the initial delivery of wrong certificate. No one has any answers or solutions.

Desired outcome: Get correct document ASAP

C
3:26 am

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate

Ordered my birth certificate 2/25/22. I was told that I would receive my birth certificate 3/11/22. Here it is 3/22/22. I call and call. I sent out several emails. I got one email stating that birth certificate was mailed 3/16/22. And, the estimated arrival date is 3/14/22. How? How can the birth certificate arrive at my house... Two days before you ship it? I see a few people complaining about passports for vacation. I need my id to work. Without a birth certificate, I can't get an id. My identity was stolen. They've bought property in my name. They've bought cars in my name. They've gotten locked up several times in my names. I'm trying to get these things correct. And, it's a very depressing process. I've thought about committing suicide several times. At this point I don't see a reason to live.

Desired outcome: Give me my birth certificate. I want to live. I want to live my life. I need my birth certificate, so that I can get and ID. So, I can work.

C
1:00 pm

VitalChek Network - Birth Certificate Request

This company claimed that I owed them more money for the birth certificate I ordered. I have no idea why they are trying to get more money out of me. I checked, double checked and triple checked the amount due, and followed all instructions. VitalChek could not tell me where the error occurred, just that I had to pay up. There is no easy way to pay them the balance. They send you an email giving you a number to call to pay the balance over the phone, then they tell you that they cannot accept payments over the phone. It is difficult to get a call back. I have a relative that has a medical emergency and needs their birth certificate to get vital services. VitalChek has been a total nightmare to deal with. This is what happens with municipal and state vital records departments farm out their work to large, profit driven corporations. VitalChek is owned by LexusNexus, and it appears that they couldn't care less about their customers.

Desired outcome: I want to pay my balance, NOW.

8:11 pm

VitalChek Network - Your name and similar urls

When you have a company’s who’s name is vitalchek you should consider buying the url domain of how the name sounds phonetically (vital check). When going to www.vitalcheck.com it takes you to a website which comes off as the site you are looking for. This website instead is a scam. Unfortunately one that took my money. Please consider buying this url domain so you can have it take you to your website so that when people like me are told over the phone to go to www.(vital check).com and not told how it’s spelled without the c in the word check they aren’t taken advantage of.

Desired outcome: Please refund my money and information that was given to a 3rd party unknowingly. Since that isn’t going to happen consider buying the domain of the website that is how your company sounds phonetically over the phone.

T
12:16 am

VitalChek Network - Governor vital accessory to my vitals records and data on property

NC Department of health do not virtual 2001 mail service do not laminated Raleigh, NC 27699 do not apprentice holding my vital certification 6963591 do not copy right registered with the assessor office estoppel of registration with my vitals I don't have my data or by construction or my records
My name Micah Anderson 11/22/1990 [email protected]

I need circuit court, appealed court, and judicial public utilities and commission to stop use of my vitals and records and estoppel of title registry with the accessory of the government office deeds and property records
We advise any use of bio tech or electronics to register my info is fraud and is public nuisance address on 03/06/2022

Time 10: 50 - 11:05 pm

Parcel pin 2018 north west ave
Chicago IL

Desired outcome: to stop the arbritration and the satalite registration and the hhs registration of acqusition of my vitals records and to get my data and assessory access to my property

N
4:01 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed two separate orders to get certified copies of Oregon long form birth certificates for my two children that live in Arizona. I checked all the appropriate boxes (ie: purpose of the order, State of birth, long form). I paid $88.25 for one order And $66 and change for the other one. The form Also asks for applicants permanent address which wa...

Q
6:28 pm

VitalChek Network - Death certificates

I have been trying to obtain my fathers death certificate since 5/20/2020 and have contacted both vitachek and Mary dept of health records to no avail. I was told it would be sent and still not recieving it. I have also reordered and still not recieving them. At this point I just want a refund of all the monies I've paid so far since it has been to years now.$21.75 + $21.75 +$40.25 + $40.25

Desired outcome: At this point I just want a refund of all the monies I've paid so far since it has been to years now.$21.75 + $21.75 +$40.25 + $40.25

W
4:38 pm

VitalChek Network - Death certificate

I am a two time victim of identity theft and VitalChek took all my information, including credit card only to ask for my social at the end. When I canceled out and refused to give that piece of information, they sent me an email saying if I do not send them more, they would charge my card anyway. I did send them an HD blown up copy of my DL hoping this would resolve the issue. Instead, they came back again, claiming the fax could not be read, and asking for more information to compromise my identity. If this is not a scam, I do not know what is.

Desired outcome: Do not charge my account

K
9:00 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VitalChek Network - Paid for expedited service but after over two months, still no birth certificate!

Here is how it works. You pay VitalChek to get your record/s. They take your money and information then turn the info over to the appropriate state's department that handles birth, death, marriage etc. certificates. They are done. Doesn't matter how many times you call for status update, the answer is the same, they don't know. All they can tell you is that your document has been ordered. This service is a waste of money. It is no quicker and you get no special handling than you would have received if you had filed for the documents for yourself. Don't waste your money!

Desired outcome: I want the document I ordered!

Update by Kim Witte
Dec 08, 2021 9:11 am

UPDATE: VitalChek does not even have the common courtesy to respond to a complaint in person. You get a computer generated standardized response. If YOU notify THEM based on the computer response, their answer is still the same, your document has been ordered and we can't tell you when you will receive your document. Serves no purpose, again.

S
7:00 pm

VitalChek Network - Company refuses to comply with request from nys office

This company is still ignoring request from NYS/NYC in cancelling an order that should have not been processed!

several calls and emails and requests from NYC office and NYS officials!
this company is still refusing their requests!

Correspondence has been sent to their office from NYS state office and still no acknowledgment

Pending investigations have been opened with the FTC, NYC Attorney General's office, Consumer affairs and Department of Investigations and the office of the inspector General NYS office.

D
12:52 pm

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate

I ordered on June 18 2021. I called and sent emails after the 45 days they said it might take. (business days) They sent me an email saying it would be August 24th 2021. After not receiving it, I emailed and called them. They said they would look into it. It is August 29th, 2021. Still nothing. My order number: 127103248. The August 16 email said it was resolved, BUT IT IS NOT Solved. The August 25th email shows it is not solved. I need this birth certificate. Here is the emails: Thank you for your question. Our team is researching this issue, so please watch for our reply.

Subject
Status - What is the status of my UPS/Fed Ex order?

Question Reference # 210825-000663
Date Created: 08/25/2021 01:50 PM
Date Last Updated: 08/25/2021 01:50 PM
Status: Unresolved
Copyright © 2019 LexisNexis Risk Solutions | Privacy Policy

[ — 002:000303:28659 — ]

[email protected] custhelp.com
+ Add to contacts

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Status - What is the status of my UPS/Fed Ex order?

Response By Email (Leanne H.) (08/16/2021 03:09 PM)
Dear Customer,

Your order is processing. Processing time takes 35-45 business days. The estimated time when the processing time is done is August 24th.

Sincerely,
VitalChek Online Support

Customer By CSS Web (Don Whitehead) (08/12/2021 09:26 AM)
I ordered this June 16th. I still haven't received it.
Question Reference # 210812-000244
Date Created: 08/12/2021 09:26 AM
Date Last Updated: 08/16/2021 03:09 PM
Status: Solved
Copyright © 2019 LexisNexis Risk Solutions | Privacy Policy

[ — 002:000667:63657 — ]

[email protected] custhelp.com
+ Add to contacts

Desired outcome: I want my birth certificate. I rather have that, then a refund.

M
3:33 pm

VitalChek Network - Paid but received no birth certificate

Ordered a birth certificate from the City of Detroit on May 13. 2021 through VitalChek with the promised delivery date within 50 business days. Today (Aug 10, 2021) I have not received a birth certificate and attempts to access my order status give a message saying call them at 866-561-1894; a subsequent call to that number indicates they are not going to answer the phone. I am caught in a catch 22.
To complicate matters, the Dept of State has cashed my check for a passport and has given me until Aug 23 to respond with a birth certificate.
Wasted $$ to VitalChek and wasted $$ to Dept of State.

Desired outcome: I just want a certified birth certificate from the City of Detroit.

VitalChek Network has left an official reply on this complaint.

VitalChek Network - They said they ordered a certified birth certificate but it has been 3 months and still has not been received.

I filed a Brooklynn New York birth certificate request online with VitalChek on May 13, 2021. New York website advised this is the only way to get one. I paid them $23.30 by credit card. It has been three months and still no certificate. I have called the New York Health Department twice and they advised that they were having trouble with VitalChek sending in the requests.

Desired outcome: I have to have my birth certificate to renew my Florida driver's license which has now expired.

I
11:39 pm
VitalChek Network has left an official reply on this complaint.

VitalChek Network - Ordered my birth certificate and a death certificate...

My mom and sister died suddenly in November of 2020. I can't get any of their assets because I have to "prove" that I'm related to them. Everything I had that did so was lost in the fire. I need my dad's death certificate because his name is on my mom's bank account. I ordered these things in March. I changed addresses but I rectified it with mail forwarding. It is now almost August, still nothing. It's extremely stressful and since I am the only living memeber of my immediate family I am infuriated at how little care has been done with my order.

T
9:47 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Order Number: 123899677 On July 23, 2021, I called at 8:11 am to inquire about the whereabouts of the information that was paid for. A customer service rep named Charrise (if spell wrong it started with the letter C) came on the line at 8:15 am. I stated (yes, I am upset) to her that I had not received my son information. She asked me several question...

M
5:01 am

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate

They took money for a birth certificate fee after icancelled it 10 mins later.. They said its a modest fee.. For what?
Its not a modest and you should not charge the card if its not finalized I had not even. Got my notary or licence together but you charged me still. A month after I already cancelled. It you guys are pathetic! I dont see how they still operate like this!

Desired outcome: my money back.

Update by madrippedoffguy
Jul 13, 2021 2:03 pm

I did that already nothing happened but thanks for the generic one suze fits all canned response..It's more proof of how you guys deal wirh your customers " you don't deal with them !$"

2:52 pm

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate

I ordered a copy of my birth certificate on Apr. 30, 2021. I paid $71.70. I was told that it would take 30 days to receive the birth certificate. After 30 days I haven't received my copy yet. I've notified them twice and still no birth certificate. My order number is
124610191. Please send it by UPS.

VitalChek Network contacts