Days Inn, Birmingham, AL / fraud and scam!

1 Birmingham, AL, United States Review updated:

Beware of Days Inns. I booked a room for a week in Birmingham Alabama for a business trip and a week before my stay, the company I work for changed my travel plans and were sending me to another city. I called Days Inn to cancel my reservation a week in advance and was told I couldn't cancel my reservation and I would be charged for the room whether I stayed there or not. I said "excuse me? I am canceling this reservation a week in advance.. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I have NEVER encountered this before!"

To make a long story short, I have talked to trip rewards. Days Inn Customer Service and been tossed around from place to place like a cat toy and they are still charging me for a room for a week that I will not be staying in. I have learned since that this is a common practice for Days Inn, This has got to be illegal.

Beware... Avoid Days Inn's at all costs... they are a horrible choice for business travelers!

Ca

Comments

Lu
  2nd of Sep, 2008

What a bunch of crap!!!

Days Inn
1201 Skyland Boulevard East
Tuscaloosa AL 35405

On August 26, 2008, i called Days Inn in Tuscaloosa, Alabama to cancel a reservation that i intially had for the 27th thru the 31st of August. I was issued a cancellation notice number, and told that i would also receive an e-mail confirming the cancellation. However, i kept calling over the next couple of days, excluding Labor Day to make sure that Days Inn would e-mail me that confirmation page. I received nothing until today(Sept. 2), a billing statement for the days that i "didn't show up".
I called Days Inn and gave them the same confirmation number, and the routed me to another department that said that number doesn't exist, and we will get billed. I asked them how can they not have this information in the system when they gave me this number on the phone? Customer service kept apologizing, and saying there's nothing they can do. I stated that it was unfair to bill someone when your company gives a confirmation number, and all of a sudden, you can't find the confirmation number. Also, no one e-mailed, and she stated, "I don't know what happened". We asked to speak to the manager, the manager never made it to the phone because we held on for half an hour! How can you bill someone when they called and cancelled, and gave the company the same confirmation number that they gave you? Days Inn- Unfair and unjust ---nonsense

Ma
  2nd of Sep, 2008

You should cancel the charge through your credit card company.

Te
  27th of Feb, 2009

This lady is a LIAR,
plain and simple. i stays there every time i come to town
this is a great hotel..
She need to rams it in her ###

Te
  27th of Feb, 2009

Oh how we hates Liars, LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE...
GO GIRLS AT QUALITY INN!!!

Ih
  4th of Oct, 2009

What is it with people on this website booking non-refundable rates and then ### about not being able to get a refund when they try to cancel??? Accept the fact you booked a non-refunable reservation and move on!!!