David's Bridal / Alterations

1 Whitehall, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215-264-4431

I went to pick up my dress today, 7 days before the wedding and it was a disaster. There were dirt marks, the alterations looked like anybody could have done them... and they were horribly rude to me when I asked about the alterations. I was treated like I had no idea what I was speaking about, when I, myself, am a seamstress. The alterations were sloppy, amateurish and rushed. I would recommend this store to purchase your dress, but DO NOT have your dress altered by David's Bridal.

Sa

Comments

• Ho
      9th of May, 2009

I had my wedding dress and the 3 bridemaid dresses done at David's and it was a nightmare, We bought the dresses in Sept.The fitting was January 12. They said the dresses would all be ready March 10. On March 10th we went for our fitting and none of the alterations were done. They said they apologize and to come back the following Friday. Yet again that none were completed.Then I was told to come back in 3 weeks. Finally or so I thought the dresses were done. The wedding dress was done but not cleaaned. However none of the bridesmaid dresses were touched. Now it is 2weeks before my wedding and just last night another problem with the alterations happened. The dress with the simplest alteration needs was a disaster. The dress fit her perfect. The only thing that needed to be done was a take in by the breast line. They did not do the take at all and the slip part of the dress was sew to the zipper and they took in the bottom of the dress by 2 sizes. This has resulting in getting whole different dress and still getting alterations. My bridesmaid is so unhappy with dress and at this point there really nothing to do. As it stands only 1 of my 3 girls have a dress. David's still has to do 2. They have had these dresses for 4 months and done next to nothing. Do not let them do alteration!!