David's Bridal / Terrible customer service!

Rochester, United States Review updated:
2.5
My friend and I stopped into our local David's bridal store today to look at weeding dresses for her upcoming wedding. The customer service was absolutely horrible. We are both full figure women, but that doesn't mean that we don't have feeling and a right to look beautiful on her most important day. I will not recommend that store/company to anyone who asks.
Kl

Comments

Me
  19th of Nov, 2007
Well naturally I am engaged and so excited about planning my wedding and trying gowns on. So the first place I go was David's Bridal because they always have some type of sale going on. I actually did find my dress there so my mother and I ordered it and we were told that when the dress came in in 2 or 3 months that they would contact us. So as weeks passed I became very anxious about getting it in until I could not stand it any longer and called my local store. To my surprise they said the dress had been here in the store for a while. When I asked why I had not been contacted they said they had tried and with today technology I can clearly say they did not call at all. So I just brushed it off and when to get my dress. I was in the store waiting as they searched in the back for my dress. The sales ladies were whispering and pulled another dress off the rack walked to the front of the store after 45 min and said we have a problem. The first time they said my dress was sent but without the extra length I had ordered and just seconds later they said that the wrong dress was sent. They offered the one that they pulled off the rack for me to take as my own which I quickly said "NO" to. Why would I want or pay for a dress that has been on the rack for everyone to try on. The sales ladies contacted their head office and told me it would take another 6 weeks for a dress to come in. Now no way was that going to work I had bridal portraits in 2 weeks which we paid money for a spot and travel arrangements. I left the store furious and trying to contact the person in charge and as usual I got her voicemail after ranting to a machine my local store called and said a dress is being rushed and would be there in one week. I finally got my dress with the extra length but now I needed shoes. I searched everywhere but ended up back at David's Bridal for the shoes I wanted. I searched the store and found no one to help me so I left and unable to find any other shoes on such short notice I went back now they did not have my size and could not order any in time so finally someone found a pair in the back they were dirty and the name in the bottom of the shoe was smeared and disappearing but I had to have them at least for pictures so I asked if I could have a % off and of course they said no but did clean the shoes. Thinking I was finally finished with Daivids Bridal I had gotten my dress dirty at my bridal portraits and needed it clean. So I have taken up there where they say it is gonna take a few months because they are so far behind and I still have more pictures to take so if they can the cleaning lady says she will try to put a rush on it and now I can not get anyone on the phone and when I do they just leave me on hold. So bottom line do not use David's Bridal.
Ci
  22nd of Mar, 2008
I recently purchased a wedding dress and four bridesmaids dresses on March 17th, 2008. Our store clerk was wonderful (Morgan Miller), however we were to recieve two fifty dollar gift cards on March 17th as a gift for shopping in your store in Bowling Green, Kentucky and the manager said that the computer showed we had already recieved them. My daughter and I do not have these cards and the manager was testy with us both when I repeatedly told her we did not have them. She kept saying that since the computer showed we had them that we must be lying. I am very disappointed with this turn of events because up until this point I was totaly satisfied with everyting about your store.

Cindi Schneider
Sh
  4th of May, 2008
I spent over 1200.00 for my wedding dress in Davids Bridal in Wayne, NJ. I went back the following day at 7:25 the doors were open and I asked the m anager for a swatch of my brides maid dresses. He was rude and said we are closed and would not help me. I know it seems small but I paid a lot of money in that store and it would of only took them 30 seconds to grab a swatch for me. Good customer service is hard to find especially at Davids Bridal.
Di
  11th of Aug, 2008
BRIDES BEWARE - I would NOT recommend David's Bridal in Wayne, NJ. The service was horrible. The staff acts annoyed when you ask a question or need further assistance. I went with my future sister-in-law because her 2 daughters are going to be Flower girls in the wedding. We saw a dress we liked but they didn’t have her size. We asked if they could call the Paramus store to see if they had the size. Well, needless to say, the girl helping us wrote down the item # of the dress & told us to call ourselves. That was just the experience with my flower girls; let’s not even get into my dress hunt at David’s Bridal. Let’s just say they limited me to 5 dresses to try on. Then, the cashier messed up my transaction & my mom, sister & I had to wait over an hour for them to fix it. Then when my mom wanted a drink of water because the store was so hot, they said no. That was it for me, be nasty to me but don’t even go near my mom with that attitude. I have a few more stories but I think just hearing these would make someone think twice about going there. I went there to save money but wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Pay the extra few dollars and go where the service is better. You will want to remember this experience and if the experience is bad, you'll want to forget it like I do. I have my 2nd fitting at the end of the month & dread walking into that store.
Wo
  27th of Apr, 2011
I was there today too in the Eugene Oregon Store, the service was horrible. I will spend the gas and effort to travel to Portland, and I will not shop at David's Bridal. Where was management, no greeting, no one offered to help. That is too bad because there was a dress I actually considered buying.
Ha
  2nd of Sep, 2015
I am the mother of the groom.My experience was not bad at all.Yes you have to make and appointment for which I did to try on dresses.Did not order from the store though.Waited and found a beautiful dress on line and I was shocked to see that the dress came quick.Ordered on a Monday and it came on a Thursday! was so impressed! Not only that but the dress fits perfectly.No alterations needed.Just have to have it pressed because it did come very wrinkled.My son's wedding is November 1st.I ordered the dress in July.Me being a plus size lady was tough to get a dress in a style and color of the wedding, but I lucked out.The only complaint I had was that I had to ask for help in trying on dresses but other than that, I was very pleased with the experience.I did not want to wait till the last minute to get a dress for the wedding.Was giving myself plenty of time for alterations if needed.If I were to get alterations it would definitely not be at David's Bridal.It would be elsewhere.I'm looking to get another dress from them for a special occasion in the future.

David's Bridal Logo David's Bridal