Damaged Baggage - Singapore Airlines / damaged baggage - singapore airlines

1 Singapore Review updated:

To whomsoever it may concern

Subject: ref: s-[protected]

Hello,

I am writing with extreme disappointment, despair and dejection at the customer service / after service being provided to us. Please refer to the case reference number provided as the subject line. Just to give you a background - this case was initially logged as a feedback on the 7th of august 2018 and was thereafter was forwarded onto the "baggage department in kolkata".

Please refer below to the original feedback/complaint that was submitted:

Point 1:

"this is with extreme disappointment and sadness, I wish to inform that my parents travelled from melbourne to kolkata (via singapore) on saturday, the 4th of august, 2018. To their astonishment, they found that one of their suit cases to be completely damaged (one with a see through hole and other one shows that the cloth is ripped off, refer attachment) upon their arrival at kolkata, india. They tried looking for staff for assistance at the destination airport but no one was eager to help out. They were eager to travel with singapore airlines this time around because they had heard good things about the airlines (warm reception and service). But this incident was a shock to them.

The details are as follows:
Melbourne to sinagpore on sq238.
Singpore to kolkata on sq516
Booking reference - tn65al
Asset tag no - [protected]
Passenger's name - ashoke bose (passport no : l1958091) and sumita bose (passport no: l1969070).
Price of the damaged suitcase - $200 (au$ approx)
Photos of damaged baggage / letter of authorisation was

If this could be looked at urgently and a compensation could be initiated at an earliest, would be appreciated."

Point 2:

Thereafter, we were contacted by singapore airlines (staff named - daniel gomes) from kolkata and asked about all the details which was provided to them with photos of damaged baggage (which was dated 12th of august) and we were told that they would need to do an assessment and they would get back to us within a week.

Point 3:

Upon contacting them back about the progress on the 15th of august, I spoke to a staff named ayesha sultan who was very arrogant and rude. I was told that daniel was on leave and insisted as if my nuisances / issues which I raised was rubbish. I even wrote back to daniel gomes about her approach but disdain. I was actually flabbergasted to hear these unethical comments which was conveyed to me when I spoke to her. Quoting her words - "what has happened to your baggage - it happens". This is surely something clients won't expect when you consider singapore airlines to be a premium airlines of stature and people pay thousands of dollars to avail it.

Point 4:

When I didn't hear back from them even after 7 days (which was initially told to me) - I contacted daniel gomes back through an email yesterday, the 22nd of august 2018.
Then, I was replied back stating that "after careful consideration, we would have to respectfully decline any claim lodged in this regards and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused" and he send us protocols/ guidelines for damaged baggage (which I am already aware of - as I am a literate to read through the social media on the internet). The guidelines included what it not covers:

• cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents and marks that may occur despite careful handling - my baggage had a see-through hole and some part of it was ripped off.
• damage to, or loss of, protruding parts of the baggage including, straps, pockets, pull handles, hanger hooks, wheels, external locks, security straps, zipper tabs or other parts attached to the baggage - no as such damage
• unsuitably-packed luggage (e.G. Over-packed) - it was 22-24 kgs and it was not over packed as the allowance was 30 kgs
• baggage accepted under the conditions of the limited release tag - this includes items retrieved or confiscated by the airport authorities or security personnel - na

Point 5:

Also, to mention during these conversations, an email was sent to daniel gomes and ccd to me (may be unknowingly from one of their bosses named david tan yc - sm ccu) quoting "please reject as due wear and tear and not a frequent flyer thanks"

This kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable and unethical. We, as a customer treat singapore airlines with repute and this is absolutely a shock to me.in future, I would need to think twice before I book my tickets through the airline. Hope you can understand my frustration in regard to what has happened.in the context, it is not about claiming a piece of baggage for a couple of hundred dollars but about ethics, which I feel is quite inappropriate.

Anticipating a prompt response.

Please feel free to contact me on +[protected] for further clarifications.

Regards,