Dairy Queen / poor product

1 Annapolis LanePlymouth, MN, United States Review updated:

I went to Dairy Queen for 3 blizzards for my parents and I on Friday April 18th around 8pm. I was not at all pleased with the product I received. They messed up my order and didn't even read it back to me so I could correct it. I worked at that Dairy Queen, three years ago and I know you are supposed to say the order back to the customer. I get the Blizzards I wanted, although one of them still wasn't right, and they are runny. Again, knowing from working at the DQ, you are supposed to be able to turn the Blizzard upside down and it stays there. This is not the fault of temperature (as it was only 40 some degrees and ice cream simply does not melt that fast), this is the fault of the maker, for spinning the ice cream too long. Also, I got to the bottom of my Blizzard and it wasn't even mixed at the bottom. It was still white with no chunks. Yeah, maybe I'm just being difficult, but if I am going to be paying $5 for ice cream, I want it to be well made.

Ak

Comments

• Am
      19th of Jun, 2008

I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with what I was served today, but I wasn't taking any chances. My son and i stopped at our local Dairy Queen and got a soft serve chocolate in a cup and a snickers blizzard. They both looked good and we drove away. My first bite told me something wasn't right. It tasted "fizzy" and sharp. I tried my son's and his tasted the same - he even noticed the difference and he's six. So we took it back. The manager asked the worker which machine she made it from and they made our next ones from the other machine and they tasted fine - much better. THey employees were courteous and did it without complaint. I just hope we don't get sick from the couple of bites we did take of the first ones.
    Has anyone else had this happen before? Anyone know why this would have happened?

• Om
      14th of Mar, 2009

Umm, yeah. If you worked at DQ, you should know that the cause of runny blizzards is usually when they change the ice cream and dont wait for it to freeze good. And as far as the plain ice cream on the bottom, usually people make blizzards by putting the ice cream in then candy on top and then mixing, and since it didnt have enough on bottom, they probably didn't mix long enough, more evidence agianst your first opinion of mixing it too long.