Cricket Cell Phone Service / scam and fraud!

1 825 Oak St.Conway, AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 501-327-0993

I was transfered to a new job here in conway... I got to looking at the cricket service and could see where I could save money (Though I thought!) the rep told me I could get service anywhere in the green area. Since this phone was going to be used for work 95% of the time, I thought this to be a good deal! I work at a major college and I have to constantly go from place to place on campus. I did not purchase roaming at the time because I had no need for it though I thought!

In certain areas at the college I noticed I would go in to roaming... The automated voice would tell me that I had no roaming minutes and said I could purchase them with a credit card... Anyway I contacted cricket rep where I got my service... I told them I was going into roaming when I was in the cricket area and did not know why... I told her I was dead in the middle of the cricket phone area. Anyway I purchased 100 minutes roaming because my job required me to have a phone and I couldn't miss any calls.In the mean time, I contacted a rep after going through the automated crap and about 3 reps. I was credited for the roaming minutes, so I thought cricket was doing the right thing.

Anyway... As time went on I was receiving so many calls from my work on campus I ran out of the 100 roaming minutes... I called again and told them the story all over again... They told me that I had already been credited once for the roaming minutes and I couldn't be credited again. I told the rep that I wasn't asking for credit... I was asking for what was rightfully mine... I told her I used all my roaming minutes that I was paying an extra $5.00 for a month, when I shouldn't even be in roaming in the first place because I was dead in the middle of the green area!

I finally was connected to a manager who refused to give his name... He told me the same thing! They could not give me credit for their problem... I told him that I am supposed to get service in the green area without going into roaming... He then said that sometimes there are spots in the green area where it goes to a roaming tower and couldn't be helped... I told him that wasn't my problem and they should stand good for it since it didn't show the roaming spots on the calling area map I received when I purchased their service! He told me that it shows it on theirs at their office... I told him that the calling area brochures that they give the customer doesn't show the roaming spots it...

Anyway, he refused to do anything about it even after I threatened to tell all the kids I see on campus about their service... I even threatened to write the editor about this at our local newspaper... He didn't seem to mind ! I guess they can do what they want and rip people off !

Va

Comments

Sl
  26th of May, 2011

Crickett is by far the worst cell company out there.

Mr
  25th of Jun, 2011

On April 21, 2011 I purchased a Cricket Broadband device to upgrade my existing (older) Cricket Broadband device so that I could use Cricket on a Win 7 (64 bit) OS. I paid $90 in cash. Two days later, on April 23rd, after finding out that Cricket blocks netflex I returned the device to the same store (1120 Lancaster Dr Ne, Salem, OR) with all the wrapping, box, manual, cabels etc and was told I could not get a cash receipt "because they sold me the device at a discounted price!". They did say I would get a full refund in credit to my monthly service (that I was already paying on my existing phone). When the credit finally appeared on my Crickett account it was $40 less then the $90 I had paid in cash. There was a $40 "account activation fee" (which was apparently charged even thought I was already a customer!!!). The big joke is that over the counter in this store (of crooks located at 1120 Lancaster Dr NE, Salem, OR) there is a sign that states "NO HIDDEN FEES", "FRIENDLY SERVICE", "AND OTHER BS"!!! Of course I have canceled my account with Cricket (ther worst company in the world) and no longer recommend their services to any of my customers!!!

Ms
  6th of Jul, 2011
Cricket Cell Phone Service - stolen money
Cricket Cell phone Service
Aurora
Colorado

I cancelled my PREPAY Android service with Cricket on March 16th, switched to SPRINT (the best). Cricket took money out March 17th, for March 17-April 17th service. However the service was cancelled March 16th with Cricket. I attempted a refund with no success being told they don't give any refunds. I highly doubt their no refund policy means they steal money for service not rendered, then not refund it when asked for. If that is the case there has to be some way to get them and I can't be the first customer they are doing that to. Typical case of the big company vs. little consumer. If they stole $64.47 from me that month how much money are they making from STEALING from customers who leave their service!! I contacted the Arapahoe St location in Colorado the asst manager Hai N, states they denied my request, but didn't know why, or how to find out why. His only response was that it was denied and they don't give refunds. Great job on customer service!! So if anyone does figure out how to get stolen money back please advise