Credit Acceptance Corporation / Overcharged

25505 W. Twelve Mile RoadSouthfield, MI, United States Review updated:
4.55

When I first purchased the Ford Ranger, I was thrilled until I got it home and discovered the transmission was leaking. I called Detroit II Auto Sales in Garden City about the problem, and told me to call the credit company-Credit Acceptance Corporation. I did make the call, about twenty times and they finally said take it to a transmission repair, give them the phone number, and have them bill them. Well I must have call about 823 shops, and they all said the same thing-no way, they don't pay!

I finally had to take it a year later to a trans shop, after several cases of trans fluid to have it repaired by a very excellent repair shop in Dearborn, Michigan-Royal Transmission on Shaefer Street. I was handled with great service, and there expertise was fantastic.

The trans owner Issa, told me the trans was beyond repair, and gave me a fresh rebuild for $ 1, 300.00. I presented the bill to the credit company, and told me to go away, for they did not send me there. I told them the place's they sent me to was not going to touch the truck, without the money, and no credit from the credit company.

I have paid off the truck since, but they charged me double of the sale price, and then would not give me the title, unless i paid it off. Well it was paid off, and because they do not process payment for three days, after they receive them. I had to send a fifteen dollar money order for half of the late fees, and I would get the title by mail soon. Well I did, about two months later, and also was told If I needed them again, I could get another loan, and because my last payment was late in there eyes, they was filing a bad credit report on me.

This really set me back to step one again, and today I cannot get credit with anybody, except the harassing credit company-Credit Acceptance Corporation, and that is never going to happen again! And do not go to Detroit II Auto Sales, even if you cannot get one any where else, or you shall fall prey. For I should have listened to my gut, for once they washed it, I could see it needed tires, and a whole lot of work. And when you pick out a vehicle, they tell you the credit company needs more down payment.

Once you sign your deal and warranty, and your life away to a life of misery of constant rude phone calls, if your one week before your payment. I remember telling the agent at the auto sales, i wanted $ 245.00 month payments, and left. When the truck's payment book showed, it had $ 324.56, boy was it real tight for three and half months.

Comments

To
  25th of Dec, 2009
hi, my name is jules cleckley. i bought a used Isuzu Ascender '2006 at a Pohanka Car Dealership in September of 2009. the Pohanka Dealership is located on (US Route 214), in Marlow Hieghts, Maryland 20748. my complaint is the amount of the financing w/Credit Acceptance Corporation. my credit isn't to be desired but the rate of finance is about half the vehicle sticker/label price of which is 14, 977.00. during this sale i also bought a service contract w/Wynn's Plus - Contract # : CAP 22244997 -, Contract price $380.00 which is additional to the vehicle price. the vehicle is accepted at most vehicle repair shops/repair although parts may need be ordered. my downpayment of $5000.00 is added too the vehicle sticker price including the 23.99% finance rate/charge of that sticker price. more easier to say 14, 977.00 (x) a 23.99% financing/(credit rating) brings the vehicle sale price too 21, 708.57 on top of that my down-payment of $5000.00 is added to this sum, TOTAL SALE PRICE $26, 708.57. i decided to make a three year car-note payment, so the payment each month should be 679.57 plus/minus. NOW after the extensive financing charges plus tags to title totalings, a $5000.000 down-payment is subtracted instead it added. after having said/typed this i'll also type the actual monthly payment i am paying which is $556.63. THIS IS'NT BUSSINESS. i will contact THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OF WASHINGTON, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA if your problems are'nt addressed. THIS VEHICLE VIN NUMBER IS 4NUES16S766701496, my personal home phone is (240)619-2049. HAVE A NICE DAY

Credit Acceptance Corporation Logo Credit Acceptance Corporation