Credit Acceptance / repossed car with 17 day late payment

i was 17 days late on payment. i had the car 10 months the car spent more time in the shop then i did driving it. and then i told a representative at credit acceptance i was going to be late because my check was lost and had to be reissued by the state. They repossed the car with only 17 days late on the payment. They also did not give me the 24 hr notice as required by law by credit acceptance.

Su

Comments

23rd of Nov, 2010

please their has to be somebody out there to help us fight these people...They are financing cars..reposessing them and selling them over and over again...what a way to make money.. stealing from others!!!

• Di
      3rd of Jan, 2011

I share your pain, my car payment was 12 days late. I woke up on 12-31-10 and walked out to go to work, my car was gone. I had just paid 50 dollars a week ago, which was for the last months payment. I have been going through financial problems over the last few months because I broke my knee cap at work. Now I was finally starting to get things together and bam, I walk out and it's gone. As I said, I had just talked to a woman a week before and just dropped money into their box. I have never heard of a car getting repossessed for 280.00 dollars.