Credit Acceptance and Missouri Repo Co / Car Repoed but repo guy will not leave me alone

1 MO, United States Review updated:

I live with my parents and about 8 months ago my parents lost their jobs and we lost are home around the same time. As of recent being the sole bread winner of my family I was unable to keep up with my car payments and I missed two payments with Credit Acceptance. After many attempts to get them to work with me, I lost my battle and my car.
My car was picked up about two weeks ago at my work place. I work at a retail store and the guy that came and picked up my car came into my work two weeks later. That was fine up until he was denied the sale because his name wasn't on the business credit card that he was using. He told my coworker that I new him because he just reposed my car and I've been to his business because I had to pay him $71 to get my stuff back from my car. I walked away after hearing this. But what made things worse he was taken to customer service and he preceded to tell my boss my full name (and anyone that listend) and that he reposed my car and that I would tell them that he was the owner of that company. He said this in such a manner that all of my customers could here.
I felt that this was a personal matter and I was humiliated. I'm not a dead beat I really like to pay my bill on time and I always try to keep my word. But I just wasn't able to keep my end of the bargain in this mater. But he's just the repo guy and he did his job and I turned over my car without a fight. He has no need to come to my work place and say things like that
Not sure if I can do anything to the guy legally, but I will try. I was told by my boss that if he comes into work again and says something to me about my car he will be removed and banned. But now I'm kind of afraid to come to work, and I worry that he will show up at my home. Any advice about this guy would be great.

Am

Comments

• Ni
      22nd of May, 2009

I am in Alabama, I my car note was month behind on the and it was put on the repo list after being 3 days late. I made that payment on the 20th and and I was advised my car is still on the repo list because I had another payment to come due on the 19th. Today is the 22nd and I have to hide my car again because if I allow them to pick it up I will have to pay a repo fee of $365 + my car note of $335 and this on on a 2000 Durango. I spoke with a Credit Acceptance rep who was very rude and nasty. I advised her I would seek others who felt mistreated or who were just plain tired of the "unfair collection tatics from Credit Acceptance and see if a class action suit could not be filed. My credit is terrible, and that is 100% my fault. But as a consumer I just dont think that the way CAC does business is right.