Creative Home Arts Club

Posted:

harassment!

I joined Creative Home Arts Club in March 2005 through the mail. A payment for full year membership was paid at that time. I did not receive all magazine issues guaranteed to me for the year but could not contact them as they have no phone listing. At the end of the year I was sent a dues notice at that time I returned notice with written request to cancel membership, I was then sent notice from Creative Home Arts Club that payment was due immediately as my account was pending collections. To avoid any harm to my credit I paid dues with a second request to cancel membership immediately. I then did not receive any notice until Sept 2007 to again pay dues. I have canceled membership three times in writing and do not wish to be harassed or threatened with collections ( during year of 2006 I did not receive any magazine issues) After research of this company there is a long list of similar complaints. I am prepared to take legal action if necessary.
Complaint comments Comments (7) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers

Comments

A  23rd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have been writing Cancel on my daughter's renewal notices and sending back ALL of the books that they send her. She has also received notices that she didn't pay for a book that they sent her. Since these books have been sent back as return to sender it is highly impossible that she owes. I for one will continue to send back all books and disregard all notices since they have been disregarding everything I have been doing.!!!
A  29th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I too fell for their slick advertisement for new craft ideas and the chance to test new products! The fact that their membership offer was too good to be true should have been a warning. In the past year I have received only two of the monthly magazines and one lame product to test. Yet I have received numerous mailing and calls to solicit more money. Now it has been two months of fighting to clear a charge for a book that was returned. They have just sent me a notice that this charge is 90 days past due. I was able to reach them by phone once and was assured that my file would be updated. Now when you cal 1-877-893-7885, you are told they are unable to take the call and direct you to the website.

Shame on me for getting involved, my advice, stay away and visit your local craft store.
A  15th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I also fell into the tap of buying a subscription & then not getting what they offer, now it hasn't been a year & they want me to sign up for another year they have sent me to rink drink crafts! I like crafting but this is a rip=off!
A  1st of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was a member of this club.What a joke.The only thing I got was hard back books.After awhile of paying 30 bucks a pop, I decided to cancel.I did call the number on the bill.Which at that time they said that they canceled my membership.The only thing is I sent the last book back, with a letter asking them not to send me any more books.Guess what they sent me another book two weeks later.
N  10th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
OH, my god, the horror of this club. I also recieved a bill and do not know, how I got wrangled into it. If I do recieve books and magazines, they will be sent back, unopened. I wrote the BBB of Hopkinsm MN. Suggest that they go to the google page and read the complaints. I also, emailed this club and ask them to honor their guarantee. and told them not to send me merchandise or anymore bills, we will see if it does any good. I also told them to go to google and read the complaints against themselves, ha!ha!.
N  15th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
I joined the Creative Home Arts Club in 2003 . I paid the $400.00 to become a life time member. My membership # is 10032899. I was sent a canvas bag with Creative Home Arts printed on it, but never received all the promised craft items. I guess I was one of the unfortunate people who believed I was dealing with a good company. I feel like I was lied to and cheated out of my $400.00. This company is a poor excuse for a business. I feel like they should be required to give back ever penny that they stole from the people that trusted them.
A  23rd of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I joined this club with a Lifetime Membership in 09/2004, membership #10078788. Have not received anything from them in so many years I decided to look them up. No more web site, no phone number nothing. I think they should be made to refund all of our membership fee's. I am very upset about this. $400.00 is a lot of money even back in 2004 and then to get nothing in return. Were's consumer protection when we need it??

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree