Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com Logo

Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com

Having problems with Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com?

Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com Customer Service Contacts

SatClosed
SunClosed
Mexico
Fuentes De La Bastilla 59, Playa Del Carmen QR 77710

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com Customer Service. Initial Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

M
Oct 13, 2020

Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com — Fraudulent and scam company

We recently found that the paintings sold us as a recreation by Leonid Afremov, was not done by the artist...

Leonid Afremov / Afremov.comPainting

Ordered an "enhanced" painting, when received the colors were wrong and perspective was off. Company offered to replace with a print of the original on cotton canvas. Received another "enhanced" painting which is worse that the first. Have now paid $250 cdn for an ugly painting and duty. I appreciate that the company offered to replace it, but not only did they not send what I asked for, it took them 2 months to do it, rather than the 1 month that was originally quoted. With today's printing processes, I think a copy of the original on cotton canvas could be sent out quite quickly.

• Updated by Mathison · Sep 15, 2020

Order 64708, have addressed many times in direct email. This seems to be getting your attention way quicker that direct communication. But it would because it's a public forum (which is why I'm using it).

• Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com's response · Sep 14, 2020

I am really sorry for the issue, can you please provide order id or any info so we can look in to the problem

CharlesJohnson Sep 23, 2020

Hello, you've been scammed like almost all of afremov.com customers. Everything is painted at Playa del Carmen offices by any of the 19 artists they have. More experienced artists paint fake Originals and novice artists paint recreations. Scamming business is conducted by the artist's two sons. In terms of quantity of artworks, it is probably the biggest art fraud in this century.
      If you want a real Afremov painting you will have to pay it between $20, 000 and $125, 000.

G
    Jul 12, 2020

Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com — Customs taxes DHL Spain

DHL sent me a message that I had to pay customs taxes to them. Almost 50 euros. I had to pay almost half the...

E
    Oct 29, 2019

Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com — afremov recreation painting

Be careful!!! It didn't take me 2 seconds to start doubting if this was painted by afremov. Not even...

Oct 24, 2019

Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com — afremov scam - dishonest business should stop

I've been scammed by David Afremov (artist's son) back in 2016 and then once again in July 2019. My case i...

N
    Oct 13, 2019

Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com — Original painting back grin the us galleries

I ordered in 8 September an painting original. I can't choose the painting but the size I choose was 30/40...

Leonid Afremov / Afremov.comfalse and misleading description of the painting and scam

Development of the conversation with afremov.com:

Offer by newsletter on 11/21/18:
    Dear Friend,

Thank you for interest in my art!
    Tonight I saw a dream, my old house in Vitebsk, the time of my childhood, when I woke up, I run to my studio and created this masterpiece
    One of a kind original oil painting "back to the dream". This painting was created 30 min ago. You are the first person who see it!!!
    This art work will be signed on the back and on the front before shipping. The COA is provided.
    Today special price is only $99 including shipping anywhere in the world.
    Why so cheap? After you receive this painting PLEASE share the photos in your social media, facebook, twitter...
    Learn more about this painting:

Bought on 21/11/18 by Paypal. A few hours later the picture is still online or available. My request by mail (the whole time over inessa.[protected]@gmail.com):

Hello, I bought this painting a few hours ago under the Invoice-number #20596. Now I see the painting is still online/available for selling/purchase. Just to be clear: I only wanted to buy the original painting Mr. Afremov is holding on the photo and no recreation. Please contact me if this is not the case. Best regards from Germany.
    Fast but short answer:
    The painting is original, and no longer listed in the search of the site

No signature on the mail. But it was true. The painting disappeared from the website (but still was to find with google-search up to now (03/10/19)).

The painting did not arrive. My mail on 12/27/18:

Hello Mrs. Afremova,

is everything okay with my order (Invoice-number #20596)? When do you expect my order to arrive in Germany? I hoped a delivery before christmas was possible.

Merry christmas, best regards

Fast but short answer:

Thank you for your purchase, your order will be sent to you today
    I am sorry for the delays

Leonid

To my mind: If I would not have asked again, this package never would be shipped. What kind of accounting is that?
    Package arrived on 01/17/19 by FedEx. But it was - as feared - a recreation. May mail on the same day:

Hello Mr. Afremov,

thank you for the delivery of the painting. Unfortunately it is not the painting I ordered. As you can see in our conversation below it was my explicit wish to buy the painting you are holding on the photograph on your website (see attachment). Your daughter has confirmed that. But you only sent me a recreation which doesn't reach the expression of the original one. I would please you to send me the right one. Please tell me the way of transaction how to send back the current painting.

Best regards

Fast answer on the same day:

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your purchase. can you please send me a picture of the painting that you got.

Operational Manager

I confirmed on the same day and sent a photograph of the recreation. Fast answer:
    I am sorry for the issue
    The correct painting will be sent to you ASAP
    Please keep this painting as a free gift

No signature…and a lot of weeks no package arrived. My mail on 03/07/19:

Hello Mr. Afremov,

my painting was not delivered so far. Is a delivering-time of six weeks common or should I be worried?

Answer at the same day:
    Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your purchase. I just checked this shipment. this package is stuck . Maybe even lost. . I have issued a full refund of your order. I'm very sorry. You can keep the painting you got as a free gift from us.

Operational Manager

Refund came immediately. But of course without my customs duties.
    My answer on the same day:

Hello Mr. Afremov,

thank you for your fast answer and your full refund. It is very kind that you did this so fast although the package is just stucked and not definitly lost. It would be a big loss (not just for me) if this painting would disappear. A friend of mine is working for FedEx Germany. Maybe there is a way of saving this painting. Could you please send me your (tracking) informations (ID etc.) you got?

Fast answer:

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your purchase. The package is stuck in the USA Memphis hub. Its a large airport, the center of all Fedex operations in the USA. From there it never took a flight to the UK. We already in contact with local fedex managers that taking care of this.

Operational Manager

My answer two days later:

Hello Mr Afremov,

did you get further information about the missing package from FedEx? For myself I was in contact with FedEx Germany and FedEx in Memphis. They told me that they are "after an extensive search ... unable to locate a package" with my name or my address sent in the last 6 weeks. Referring to this and due to the unpleasant transaction of the order so far (first: did not send the package for weeks and only after reminding, second: sent a recreation against better knowledge, third: missing package) I insist of getting the tracking-ID (or other verifiable evidence) just to keep trust in your company. Fortunately customer satisfaction is your main goal.

Fast answer:

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your purchase. Since the refund was provided, this transaction is considered canceled and closed. Even if the package is found, the painting will not be delivered to you. They will have to return it here. Lost packages come back to use sometimes in very bad condition. From my experience, 50% of lost packages is found. in 25% there are in good conditions. I personally do not believe it will be a usable painting.

Operational Manager

No Tracking-ID told, because there has never been one. What other reason is there for telling it not? The painting never left their office. The last mail is a preparation for a reselling…but not to me… for this price. Reason: The company does not sell originals for 100 Dollars. That is totally understandable. But why do they promote them?

So for all customers:

If a "original one of a kind" is promoted, please insist the original one as it is shown on the website. In the end it is to expensive and pesky for the company to give away the recreations as a free gift.

CharlesJohnson Oct 24, 2019

Hi, I read all your post, this is a usual scam procedure for afremov.com led by David and Boris Afremov (artist's sons).
        All paintings are done by workers, artists working at Playa del Carmen offices. They don't sell Originals unless you're willing to pay a fortune. They scam hundreds of customers with their daily Promo emails offering Originals that does not exist or... that they're not willing to sell at a ridiculous price. Very dishonest guys. Leonid Afremov doesn't deserve this.

Leonid Afremov — Art

I also have been taken by these people. I ordered a painting on the 4th and it never came. Each time I called...

M

Afremov.com — No delivery

Paid for the painting on www.afremov.com 6 weeks ago. 3 weeks later wrote an email to Leonid about not...

A

www.afremov.com — Customers warning - scam!!!

Toronto
      A

Afremov Fine Art — Did not deliver the product

My daughter bought a painting for a total of US$66 in November 2009 from Afremov.com. The painting has never...

Afremov.com — Buyer beware

BUYER BEWARE!!! SCAM!!!My brother and I wanted to purchase a few master embellished giclees by Leonid...

Afremov.com — Scam

BUYER BEWARE!!! SCAM!!! My brother and I wanted to purchase a few master embellished giclees by Leonid...