Complaints & Reviews

afremov recreation painting

633244 Be careful!!! It didn't take me 2 seconds to start doubting if this was painted by afremov. Not even recreated by himself, as the seller affirms. How much of the recreation wa...

[Resolved] afremov scam - dishonest business should stop

I've been scammed by David Afremov (artist's son) back in 2016 and then once again in July 2019. My case is one of hundreds.
Procedure is the Usual:
Someone purchases an Original painting. Artwork is done by artists working at Playa del Carmen offices for David and Boris Afremov. If you claim you didn't receive what you ordered they will tell you there has been a mistake and that they will send you the correct painting. New package will never arrive. If you keep insisting they will now tell you package is lost and you can keep the painting you have as a free gift. Keep on insisting and you'll get refunded and your order cancelled. This procedure works for these guys because maybe 1% or 2% of customers claim. Most of customers can't tell the difference between a real Original and a Recreation done by afremov.com artists.

• Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com's response · Oct 24, 2019

1, If you as you say where scammed in 2016, why you make a purchase now?
    2. Please give your order id, so we can check what was wrong
    On afremov.com we sale recreations - done by Leonid Afremov and Afremov studio, aslo we sale unique one of a kind originals prices 10000 and up, you just need to read the description of the orders

You claim there is a 100's of unhappy buyers, please show where? On our facebook there 1000's of happy collectors

I really like to see order id, otherwise it look like a regular scam post

• Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com's response · Oct 24, 2019

P.S. I see that you posting allot of negative comments about our company on different sites, using other names, but you use the same words and same IP address, PLEASE tell me your order id and what was wrong, if you never placed the order, please stop putting this comments.

You can contact Boris Afremov at [email protected]

• Updated by CharlesJohnson · Oct 24, 2019

Your answer is amazing. You're telling me Unique One of a Kind Originals price is $10, 000 and up.
    Check your Promo e-mail from 22/10 offering Unique One of a Kind Originals for $149.
    THAT'S ONLY ONE EXAMPLE OF YOUR SCAM. You should be thankful you live in Mexico because in the US you would be having problems with justice. It's not one isolated scammed customer but HUNDREDS.

• Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com's response · Oct 24, 2019

Yes, it was 10 unique of one a kind originals, that I took from my walls!!! Why scam, did you received any of this paintings to say so??? I even did live facebook show where it was EACH painting presented!!!

As a owner of Leonid paintings I can sale some paintings cheap, that I did in this promotion.

You should be thankful you don't put your name in the post because in the US you would be having problems with justice for fake comments!!!

By the way, I spend allot of time in USA, and my company 100% legit

• Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com's response · Oct 24, 2019

" It's not one isolated scammed customer but HUNDREDS." so far it is 100 fake comments from you, all under different names, but under same IP, use VPN:)))))

• Updated by CharlesJohnson · Oct 24, 2019

Come on mate... Do you expect me to believe you will take down Original paintings from your home for $149 ??
    Indeed, Promo e-mail says SURPRISE One of a King. The reason why you say SURPRISE is because customers are asking Real Photos of paintings. If you announce them as 'Surprise' nobody can ask a photo.
    Some of us are aware of your scamming procedure. It took me 2 different orders and some research to understand how your business worked.

• Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com's response · Oct 24, 2019

Mate:))) I do not expect you to believe or not, paintings originals, go to facebook and see photos:))) you stating that you purchased two paintings, grate, but so far no order id's, Studio works are look much... different from originals.

Surprise promotion was created by Leonid about 15 years, much before the studio or recreations started, If you like I can send you photos of originals that where sold on this promotions, (with permissions of the buyers of course) and you can tell if it is fake or not.

You claim that you did research, but you posted more comments, then any bady else in the last 5 years:) so the research is done based on your own comments:)))

"If you announce them as 'Surprise' nobody can ask a photo." the photos of all 10 paintings where published online in the listing, so buyers can see them :)))

You think my company is the scam, I am sorry, but we are not, and I am really feel bad about your comments, (not for a company but persoanlly )If you like you can contact me directly 52 984 1660292, facebook, skype afremov.com, or my direct email [email protected]

We work online 20 years and 12 years before that, so total 32 years, under same name, yes we had some shipping issues, but they where resolved, so please contact me

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] original painting back grin the us galleries

I ordered in 8 September an painting original. I can't choose the painting but the size I choose was 30/40 inch and the subject was landscape. After few emails with "Leonid Afremov" site, finally they send the painting and yesterday I received. Big disappointing!! The size is small, half size than what I order and it's brand new, not even dry, it's cover with an plastic foil because it's sticky. For sure can't be painted by Leonid himself before he's death from Augustus... And the quality of painting is very low, is like a children play on the canvas... totally waste of money! Very disappointed!

original painting back grin the us galleries

• Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com's response · Oct 24, 2019

You made an order for SURPRISE PAINTING, not actual item that was listed, this was part of the promotion, we select the painting for you this why price is very cheap, you had option to exchange painting or return it for full refund

• Leonid Afremov / Afremov.com's response · Oct 24, 2019

Good to know, now I know for 100% you never purchased anything from us before, and you have no intention to show your real name, on each site you have different names and different nicks, I will wait for the site:)) each comment you say that we keep selling fake paintings - PLEASE GIVE US AT LIST ONE CASE, not from the comments that you and your "crew" posted online but from real buyers,

On the site we sale RECREATIONS done by studio, RECREATIONS done by studio and Leonid, (almost nothing left) and unique one of a kind originals, I really like to see evedence that we sold unique one of a kind original and sent studio work, we had an issue with shipping last year and begining of this year, we placed official post about it, all persons that received wrong paintings, got a full refund.
    " me and my crew " now I know that all the comments, done by you and your crew and not by real buyers

Good luck

• Resolution Statement

CharlesJohnson Oct 24, 2019

Hi, this is a usual scam procedure for afremov.com led by David and Boris Afremov (artist's sons).
    All paintings are done by workers, artists working at Playa del Carmen offices. They don't sell Originals unless you're willing to pay a fortune. They scam hundreds of customers with their daily Promo emails offering Originals that does not exist or... that they're not willing to sell at a ridiculous price. Very dishonest guys. Leonid Afremov doesn't deserve this.
    Advise: Ask you money back. They will refund you.

• Le
    Leonid Afremov Oct 24, 2019

@CharlesJohnson Please, please, provide the order id, not just post some nonce comments, you can email it [email protected]

CharlesJohnson Oct 24, 2019

@Leonid Afremov I'm just replying to the original post, I'm not claiming anything. I'm giving this guy a piece of advise.

• Le
    Leonid Afremov Oct 24, 2019

@CharlesJohnson Grate, so please give us the order id, and we can check what was the wrong, you claiming we are a scammers, so I think we deserve to know what was wrong with your order, otherwise you doing the scam by posting false comments

CharlesJohnson Oct 24, 2019

@Leonid Afremov You keep selling fake paintings as Originals done by your workers and me and my crew will continue assisting victims of your scam procedure. We are planing to launch a website to assist all scammed customers. Stay tuned.

false and misleading description of the painting and scam

Development of the conversation with afremov.com:

Offer by newsletter on 11/21/18:
Dear Friend,

Thank you for interest in my art!
Tonight I saw a dream, my old house in Vitebsk, the time of my childhood, when I woke up, I run to my studio and created this masterpiece
One of a kind original oil painting "back to the dream". This painting was created 30 min ago. You are the first person who see it!!!
This art work will be signed on the back and on the front before shipping. The COA is provided.
Today special price is only $99 including shipping anywhere in the world.
Why so cheap? After you receive this painting PLEASE share the photos in your social media, facebook, twitter...
Learn more about this painting:

Bought on 21/11/18 by Paypal. A few hours later the picture is still online or available. My request by mail (the whole time over inessa.[protected]@gmail.com):

Hello, I bought this painting a few hours ago under the Invoice-number #20596. Now I see the painting is still online/available for selling/purchase. Just to be clear: I only wanted to buy the original painting Mr. Afremov is holding on the photo and no recreation. Please contact me if this is not the case. Best regards from Germany.
Fast but short answer:
The painting is original, and no longer listed in the search of the site

No signature on the mail. But it was true. The painting disappeared from the website (but still was to find with google-search up to now (03/10/19)).

The painting did not arrive. My mail on 12/27/18:

Hello Mrs. Afremova,

is everything okay with my order (Invoice-number #20596)? When do you expect my order to arrive in Germany? I hoped a delivery before christmas was possible.

Merry christmas, best regards

Fast but short answer:

Thank you for your purchase, your order will be sent to you today
I am sorry for the delays

Leonid

To my mind: If I would not have asked again, this package never would be shipped. What kind of accounting is that?
Package arrived on 01/17/19 by FedEx. But it was - as feared - a recreation. May mail on the same day:

Hello Mr. Afremov,

thank you for the delivery of the painting. Unfortunately it is not the painting I ordered. As you can see in our conversation below it was my explicit wish to buy the painting you are holding on the photograph on your website (see attachment). Your daughter has confirmed that. But you only sent me a recreation which doesn't reach the expression of the original one. I would please you to send me the right one. Please tell me the way of transaction how to send back the current painting.

Best regards

Fast answer on the same day:

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your purchase. can you please send me a picture of the painting that you got.

Operational Manager

I confirmed on the same day and sent a photograph of the recreation. Fast answer:
I am sorry for the issue
The correct painting will be sent to you ASAP
Please keep this painting as a free gift

No signature…and a lot of weeks no package arrived. My mail on 03/07/19:

Hello Mr. Afremov,

my painting was not delivered so far. Is a delivering-time of six weeks common or should I be worried?

Answer at the same day:
Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your purchase. I just checked this shipment. this package is stuck . Maybe even lost. . I have issued a full refund of your order. I'm very sorry. You can keep the painting you got as a free gift from us.

Operational Manager

Refund came immediately. But of course without my customs duties.
My answer on the same day:

Hello Mr. Afremov,

thank you for your fast answer and your full refund. It is very kind that you did this so fast although the package is just stucked and not definitly lost. It would be a big loss (not just for me) if this painting would disappear. A friend of mine is working for FedEx Germany. Maybe there is a way of saving this painting. Could you please send me your (tracking) informations (ID etc.) you got?

Fast answer:

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your purchase. The package is stuck in the USA Memphis hub. Its a large airport, the center of all Fedex operations in the USA. From there it never took a flight to the UK. We already in contact with local fedex managers that taking care of this.

Operational Manager

My answer two days later:

Hello Mr Afremov,

did you get further information about the missing package from FedEx? For myself I was in contact with FedEx Germany and FedEx in Memphis. They told me that they are "after an extensive search ... unable to locate a package" with my name or my address sent in the last 6 weeks. Referring to this and due to the unpleasant transaction of the order so far (first: did not send the package for weeks and only after reminding, second: sent a recreation against better knowledge, third: missing package) I insist of getting the tracking-ID (or other verifiable evidence) just to keep trust in your company. Fortunately customer satisfaction is your main goal.

Fast answer:

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your purchase. Since the refund was provided, this transaction is considered canceled and closed. Even if the package is found, the painting will not be delivered to you. They will have to return it here. Lost packages come back to use sometimes in very bad condition. From my experience, 50% of lost packages is found. in 25% there are in good conditions. I personally do not believe it will be a usable painting.

Operational Manager

No Tracking-ID told, because there has never been one. What other reason is there for telling it not? The painting never left their office. The last mail is a preparation for a reselling…but not to me… for this price. Reason: The company does not sell originals for 100 Dollars. That is totally understandable. But why do they promote them?

So for all customers:

If a "original one of a kind" is promoted, please insist the original one as it is shown on the website. In the end it is to expensive and pesky for the company to give away the recreations as a free gift.

CharlesJohnson Oct 24, 2019

Hi, I read all your post, this is a usual scam procedure for afremov.com led by David and Boris Afremov (artist's sons).

exchange the painting

2 months ago, I ordered a painting from the website afremov.com and now I decided to leave a feedback...
I chose a painting by Leonid Afremov so that it would fit an empty spot on the wall in the living room. I calculated everything but when the painting arrived, it didn't fit in. It was beautiful but I still wanted something to cover that space... So i contacted delivery manager and asked him if I can exchange the painting. He said yes. So, I received a new painting in a week and it was even better than the first one.

• Updated by AnnMo · Aug 21, 2018

I received a new painting

Leonid Afremov (afremov.com)paintings

I would like to thank Leonid Afremov for his beautiful art. I discovered this artist many years ago, but never really thought about actually buying any of his works.
I've chosen two of his works - "Happy Morning" and "Green Mood". I really love the colors of this paintings. The first one is more tender and relaxed, while the other one - bright and energetic.
Buying these pieces online was the easiest thing I've ever done in my life. Then, I had to wait almost three weeks until they were delivered. It's very fast, taking in consideration that I live very far from Mexico. I also was surprised that the delivery was free, I think it's awesome.
When my order was finally delivered, I couldn't wait to open the package. I was at work that day and had to wait until the end of the day to arrive at home and see it!
I wasn't disappointed. The paintings are really as beautiful as in the pictures in the online gallery. They arrived in sophisticated wooden frames, which out of sheer luck look perfect with my furniture. I love these canvases, and I will order more of them as soon as I can!!

[Resolved] Leonid Afremov — Art

I also have been taken by these people. I ordered a painting on the 4th and it never came . Each time I called there was one excuse after another . First it was drying then it had...

Afremov.comNo delivery

Paid for the painting on www.afremov.com 6 weeks ago. 3 weeks later wrote an email to Leonid about not receiving the item. Was assured with Leonid(or whoever it was) that everything is fine and item is on the way. 1 week later emailed Leonid – same result, – “be patient”. Another week later emailed Leonid again – got answer that painting is not shipped yet, will be shipped right away, and got the tracking number from UPS. Another week later I called UPS and ask about my shipping, they said the item was never delivered to UPS facilities, so the tracking # I got from Leonid was fake (generated from UPS for ### purposes). I wish I found this complaintsboard earlier, would not waste time.

• Da
    Dawn53222 May 06, 2013

I have ordered seven different paintings from Afermov. Yes, they took forever to get to the US (they go through customs which can take for.ever.) but once they arrived I was very pleased. We get compliments from everyone who sees them. There are lots of complaints on this board regarding this artist. I really don't understand them. The paintings, for what they are (oil on canvas of decent size and quality) are cheap. What on earth are people expecting for a few hundred dollars? An original Picasso?

If you are purchasing art to make an investment, this is not for you. If you are looking for some well done pieces of art on canvas (vs. paper prints) then these are perfect for you.

• Af
    Afremovart Sep 28, 2014

Dear friend, Hello!
    My name is Dmitry, I am now in charge of customer service of afremov.com
    I saw your post, that you are not happy with our company, I am sorry about that

Please contact me about this issue, and you will receive or painting or refund within next 24 hrs, as long we know the problem, we can help

My email is [email protected]

www.afremov.com — Customers Warning - Scam!!!

Afremov Fine ArtDid not deliver the product

My daughter bought a painting for a total of US$66 in November 2009 from Afremov.com. The painting has never arrived. We have emailed and phoned many times, but have been given various excuses and promises. We would like to our our payment refunded but cannot get a straight answer after 9 months of trying.

Afremov.comBuyer beware

BUYER BEWARE!!! SCAM!!!My brother and I wanted to purchase a few master embellished giclees by Leonid Afremov. After watching Afremov’s video, I called [protected] which was the number provided by www.afremov.com, and wanted to verify that Leonid Afremov was in fact the person painting on these master embellished giclees. I asked to speak with Leonid and it was his son David on the phone impersonating him! I was able to tell from the video on Leonid Afremov because Leonid speaks in the video. This immediately grabbed my attention and I continued to ask for Leonid. He put me on hold and his brother Boris Afremov picked up also impersonating Leonid Afremov. I insisted I speak to Leonid and was then transferred back to David who admitted they both had impersonated Leonid! This is fraudulent representation! This whole thing is extremely suspicious. I called several times and each time there was an excuse as to why I am not able to speak to the artist himself (on vacation, technical difficulties, too busy…etc.) So who is the person painting on the “master embellished” giclees? Where is Leonid Afremov? Why is he being impersonated? SCAM!!!

• Gr
    Greg Naier Oct 10, 2009

My brother and I wanted to purchase a few master embellished giclees by Leonid Afremov. After watching Afremov’s video, I called 1-866-889-3208 which was the number provided by www.afremov.com, and wanted to verify that Leonid Afremov was in fact the person painting on these master embellished giclees. I asked to speak with Leonid and it was his son David on the phone impersonating him! I was able to tell from the video on Leonid Afremov because Leonid speaks in the video. This immediately grabbed my attention and I continued to ask for Leonid. He put me on hold and his brother Boris Afremov picked up also impersonating Leonid Afremov. I insisted I speak to Leonid and was then transferred back to David who admitted they both had impersonated Leonid! This is fraudulent representation! This whole thing is extremely suspicious. I called several times and each time there was an excuse as to why I am not able to speak to the artist himself (on vacation, technical difficulties, too busy…etc.) So who is the person painting on the “master embellished” giclees? Where is Leonid Afremov? Why is he being impersonated? SCAM!!!

• Ga
    gander Feb 03, 2010

Deception is rampant

I own two originals and one giclee. I'm happy with the artwork, but I'm afraid my investment will be a solid loss. Deception is the name of the game at afremov.com. Trying to figure out what is an actual, original painting is impossible. Some of afremov's deceptive practices are walking a very fine legal line. One of these days he is going to get sued.

Also, the giclees are a copy of an original, and afremov.com leads you to believe that there are only 25 copies of one original painting. This is not true, they will issue 25 copies of one distinct size of the original painting, and then offer 25 more copies of a different size of the same original. This goes on and on. Now we have oil on canvas paintings, which have another 25 copies of the same original painting. If you read the above comments, this is the reason afremov.com needs warehouses.

Another thing, almost all his paintings look the same. It's repetitive painting. Leonid could turn a painting out in less than 5 minutes in his sleep. Daniel Wall would probably agree. Do you remember when Leonid was claiming to be the "founder of intense impressionism"? All of a sudden every website and wiki no longer had that description. I'm guessing there was a lawsuit, or a settlement with Mr. Daniel Wall. His and Leonid's paintings are almost identical, and I think I know who is impersonating who.

Unfortunately, Leonid Afremov is destroying his reputation. He, or one of his representatives will send out a pretty picture in a timely manner, but this is a multi-million dollar corporation, not just an artist. So this is a warning to anyone who is going to pay big bucks for one of his originals. If you like the look of the painting, then buy it. Just don't expect to get anything for it when you sell it.

• At
    Atia G Nov 03, 2010

Upon opening the painting I purchased from Mr. Afremov, I was very disappointed to find a significant difference between what I purchased and what I received. The artistry, appearance, even the use and quality of color of the painting Afremov shipped was clearly inferior to the image he posted on Etsy. In the small print on Afremov's Etsy website, he writes that he uses images of his giclees to discourage counterfeiters. Well, his giclees look WAY better than his originals.

I did a little research online where I found the reports of many dissatisfied Afremov one-time customers. It appears Afremov sloppily renders copies of originals depicted online. Further, he sells "the original" painting on several different websites. I found this to be true when I saw the "original" painting I purchased listed for sale on another website. Unfortunately, I believe Afremov is a scam artist in every sense of the word. Shame on you.

[Resolved] Afremov.com — Scam

BUYER BEWARE!!! SCAM!!! My brother and I wanted to purchase a few master embellished giclees by Leonid Afremov. After watching Afremov’s video, I called [protected] which...