Cracker Barrel / raw chicken, uncooked pancakes & a side of disrespect

1 Twinsburg, OH, United States Review updated:

Cracker Barrel - Twinsburg, OH.My family visited the restaurant on Christmas Eve.

The chicken on my wife's salad was raw in the middle - completely pink. The pancakes we ordered for the kids were also not cooked in the middle. When we let the manager know, he acted as though it was an imposition. And his solution?

He offered to take the raw chicken dinner and the uncooked pancakes off our bill. (Duh!). He did not apologize or offer not to charge us for the replacement salad that my wife did not touch since she felt so ill after biting into the raw chicken. The manager was completely dismissive of our concerns, did not apologize, and offered an insufficient remedy to the situation.

I suspect that he did not have any training whatsoever regarding how to address situations such as these. Which is surprising, since when we first raised the issues with our waitress, she also did not seem surprised, did not apologize, and simply said: "Would you like something else?". Thus, it seems like the kitchen issues must not be a surprise. This concern is not so much about the kitchen staff.

Mistakes happen, and I realize that they were rushing to close early on the holiday. But, the manager's response was terrible, and seems to be a sign of bad overall management.

• Updated by Mixelplik, Dec 30, 2017

It has been a week since we filed a formal complaint with Cracker Barrel. To date, they have not even acknowledged our issue.

Mi
Dec 30, 2017

Comments

• Su
      30th of Dec, 2017

Troll alert! This person writes complaints like this all the time. Restaurant screws up, she or he abuses child, CPS is called and the restaurant is blamed. People argue back and they get off on the responses The children are always taken in these lies. Hopefully Cracker Barrel will respond.

• Po
      31st of Dec, 2017

@SubSquirrel You are absolutely right. By checking the profile you can even see that the individual replying did not make the original complaint.

• Su
      10th of Jan, 2018

@pobarjenkins This person has a long history under various names of trolling