Cox Cable - Orange County, California / messed up home theater setup
We purchased a 46" HD t.v. , had Best Buy set it up for $200 with home theater speakers, dvd player and they set everything up on one remote. The one that Cox provides. Everything worked off that remote. However, the signal from Cox disappeared and we were without television until their tech came out two days later. He installed new connections on the back of the HD/DVR box and added something to our cable box outside. The wires he said were very old. He left, we have no home theater or DVD capability anymore. Whatever he did also undid what Best Buy set up. Called Cox and was told we would have to wait five days until a tech could come to the house to fix what they broke. Called and spoke to many tech reps at Cox and all they could say was they could not get anyone out any sooner. We have been a Cox customer for 20+ years, have t.v., five computers and phone through Cox. We are without the $200 service that Best Buy set up for us and they would charge us for trying to right Cox's inability to service their HD/DVR boxes correctly. I was also told by a Cox tech rep that I could contact the DVD manufacturer. There is nothing wrong with the products it is Cox inexperienced techs they send out. They absolutely refused to help in any way except to say "the soonest is five days until a rep can assist you". So we are now without our $3,000 home theater set up because of their mistakes.
They are in total denial that they could do anything wrong. Try to find a way to contact their corporate offices to lodge a formal complaint - absolutely no info on any type of contact point except the local offices which are the one's who could care less.
More Cox Cable - Orange County, California Complaints & Reviews
- Cox Communications - service and billing fraud 
- Cox Communications - mcafee security suite false advertisement 
- Cox Cable - hdmi connection 
- Cox Communications - 100.00 rebate 
- Cox Communications - above the law 
- Cox Communications - bungled new installation of the triple-pay package and billing for a service that I don't have
- Cox Communications - 0018501048338803. account number for jane e. buikstra, 114 e. 15th st.
- Cox Communications - channel ksn 3 in wichita ks
- Cox Communications - internet
- Cox Communications - internet service